Your '19 First Pick drafts

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by satkins2252, Feb 4, 2019.

?
  1. WR

9.5%
  2. TE

4.8%
  3. OL

14.3%
  4. DL

33.3%
  5. Edge

33.3%
  6. DB

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Other

4.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J Falk

J Falk Starter

If we don't sign another player in FA, I would say there's a 100 percent chance we go Dline or edge in round 1.

2. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

What's up with the game never accepting my trades? Wouldn't even accept a 3rd to move up 3 spots in the 1st. We used a 4th to trade up 3 spots in the real draft last year and got a 6th back! This game is stupid.

3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I assume it is not that your trade isn't good enough...but I'm guessing it has other trade options like we do and it is picking a more lucrative deal.

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Likely I'd say but not 100%. You could make an argument for OL, WR, LB, EDGE, DT, or TE. While there will be EDGE guys and DT's available...are they guys we like or are good enough to be taken there. Additionally, we could move up or down which could alter things.

And as a GM, he'll also be looking at players who will take starting roles in another year or so which is why you could see us look at a position like TE (not to mention our top two coming off serious injuries) or even ILB or possibly CB if they are unhappy even with Butler or don't think they will keep Ryan.

5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I need to watch more tape on Gary. From what little I've seen I'm not impressed. I don't like when a guy's athleticism and his production don't match.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. J Falk

J Falk Starter

You could play the future game with all positions. There's only a couple positions that we're really weak at right now and a smart gm would never rely on a 3rd round pick to be forced into a lot of playing time.

Now, if we bring in Suh or wilkerson, I agree that the pick could go anyway. But as of now, Our d line and edge is by far the weakest link and it must be addressed above all else.

That's why JR needs to go ahead and show suh the money so we can have options in the draft.

Ill play along though. Maybe there's a small chance that JR sees the depth at DL,and EDGE and decides to go luxury pick in rd 1:

ntaekv.png

#66 J Falk, Mar 20, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
  7. Carp

Carp Starter

1.19 - Ed Oliver
    2.19 - Greg Little
    3.18 - Austin Bryant
    4.19 - Deebo Samuel
    5.19 - Garrett Bradbury (not sure how he lasted to round 5).
    6.19 - Rashad Robinson

Score - 28959 (Grade B)

8. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Because first pick is trash. Fanspeak way better

9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I just mention the future's thing...not for you but the casual fan who was SHOCKED when we took Lewan when we didn't think we'd need him for another season.

I don't know if I'd say DL is our weakest position but one that really could use an upgrade in talent. But I can make that same argument at OL and WR and EDGE and possibly TE depending on their thinking with Walker's future and current situation.

I agree that getting SUH would be HUGE...but I think right now unless Suh or his agent blinks (lowers their price), we will see people wait on DT and guys like Houston until during or after the draft. Mixed into that are Wilkerson and potential trade for McCoy. So let's say we want a DT but the ones we want aren't on the board when we pick so we go another direction in rounds 1 and 2 (and maybe 3). Then maybe we sign Suh then or trade a 4th for McCoy.

And I think if there wasn't the depth at DL and EDGE and having some impact free agents at those positions available...we'd definitely go that route in round 1 if not 1 and 2...but we have our 2 pass rushers in landry and Wake and at least Casey at DT so adding one more to complete our pass rush 4-some wouldn't be hard. But Wake isn't youn and Suh would be on a one year contract so...option for a luxury pick but we could potentially end up in same boat next year (if Wake fell off and Suh went somewhere else after the season).

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Did you hack the website? Samuel in round 4? Bradbury in round 5???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar