wrestling thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by 520, Mar 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

8B3DC56F-A8BD-4C17-A7FE-F8221DF1E290.png

2. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

My prediction on Roman Lesnar is Roman wins Braun goes to cash in bell rings Owens and mahal or just Owens attack him and cost him the briefcase

3. kstone

kstone Starter

Amazing how bad they have been the past few years. That Impact wrestling had the ppv of the year so far.
    Looks like they finally have some people working.That wants to put on a good show and they are finally trying not to be like the WWE.

4. kstone

kstone Starter

Cage is a beast

5. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

WWE needs to really push Seth Rollins, he has everything you need in a superstar, they chose the wrong Shield member when they picked Roman Reigns.

They fu*ked up with Jinder, couldn’t capitalize with Shinsuke, and Strowman was a flop after looking good on paper.

6. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I’ve posted in here a few times and really still only watch old wrestling.

My son and I watch the old Royal Rumbles (they came out in box sets, 5 years at a time) I have the first 3 covering 1988-2002 which is pretty awesome.

The real difficult thing to find is WCW’s 4 year comparison called World War 3.
    It started in 95’ and the last was in 98’. It was a Battle royal (I know I don’t have to explain to you wrestling vets the difference between battle royal and the royal rumble) with 60 guys starting in 3 rings. As the ring dropped to 10guys, they merged with the other 2 and so on until 1 ring, eventually 1 winner.

Needless to say, these are impossible to find. Amazon has 1 available on VHS (98’) but I can’t find the others, notably 95’ which was before the NWO started (or at least very close).

Does anyone know if the WWE streaming site has this old WCW videos or of anywhere else they may be found?

7. kstone

kstone Starter

WWE has them up on the network. Best bet if you want them is to sign up for free trial. Record what you want then cancel it.
    A roku hooked up to a dvd recorder works wonders if you want to get something off the network

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. HurrayTitans!

For he other older wrestling fans like me, I highly recommend the YouTube series “behind the titantron”.
    It’s a really well done documentary series about a lot of the popular story lines and also so e behind the scenes stories. Each episode is about 15 minutes maybe less.
    The specific 3 part series on the Montreal Screw Job is extremely well done and I think paints a very good picture of honestly some of the last images of Bret Hart leading to his downfall before the misuse in WCW and eventually his retirement.

9. kstone

kstone Starter

WCW had no clue on how to use Bret in WCW.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. HurrayTitans!

The same can be said about a lot of their talent. While I loved the outsiders story line, the NWO got way too big then had that stupid break off “wolf pack” and they continued trying to push Kevin Nash who generally speaking was about as bad as Sid justice in the ring, just a boring big guy (coincidently also rumors about his work ethic)

British bulldog
    Mr perfect
    I’m sure there’s lots more.

WWF returned the poor use of key wrestlers after their purchase of WcW

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar