Would the Titans have won either of their last 2 games without CJ?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Kaeotik, Dec 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

I'm getting real tired of this. I am not on TheSureThing's level in this argument. I have never said that CJ was going to carry us to a Super Bowl! Never! I don't make outrageous claims about CJ. I do defend him when he's unfairly criticized or compared to people's dead grandfathers and such. He's a RB. RB's can't do much without help from their teammates. I admit that. The O-Line is very well paid as well btw. On top of that you misspelled my user name too.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLGxWPtgodo"]Rappin' Rodney - YouTube[/ame]

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Speculating, yes - that's 99% of the posting here.
    Hating', not by definition - I've never said CJ wasn't one of the league's best. I am angered by his holdout - that's it.
    If Ringer gets all the snaps I speculate The Titans still beat The Bucs.

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

4. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

C. Johnson 23 190 8.3
    J. Ringer 9 12 1.3

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Yeah.. It was to these stats I was replying :cool:

6. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Wow.

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Yup, don't bother with the insight.
    Someone posted those stats. My point was had Ringer rec'd ALL the carries he would have rectified the numbers and TN still wins IMO.

8. Mr.biggums

Mr.biggums Special Teams Standout

Yeah but a player with 4.24 to 4.38 speed, THAT CAN CUT ON A DIME, can be used to force the hand of the defense.

We are starting to see some creativity.....which ISN"T a gimmick.

Like I stated earlier in the year, if the Titans are serious about coaching up our oline, we need to keep CJ. If not trade him. It isn't the running back's job to actually create the holes...it's his job to find them.

Once CJ hits the second level, he's one of the best.......EVER. That can definitely affect wins and losses.

9. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

For what reason? He was making 10-20% of his market value. Didn't he have the right, as an athlete with a clearly short window of productivity, to demand his due and proper? Literally, what about him holding out upsets you as a person? He didn't do it in spite of you or the fans. He did it because he was trying to maximize his income while at his highest value. This is a business. Don't think for a second the Titan's wont cut a player who is under performing while still under contract. What's the difference?

And what are you basing this speculation on? How terrible Ringer was for the 9 carries he did get? That was a close, sloppy game. I think we would have definitely lost without CJ. He was the only offensively productive player on the entire team that game.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Lamont Thompson, Nick Harper, Chris Hope, Michael Griffin, kfc, Donald Nickey, Jarrett Payton & Cris Brown all disagree

But I get your point.

NFL contracts are 90% about the signing bonus because injury can in fact end a career in 1 play. I would prefer the contracts be guranteed, but they are not and that is not changing so it is what it is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar