Worst Memorable game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bored1, May 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wplg0516

wplg0516 Camp Fodder

Here's one that I think cost the Titans a Super Bowl victory that no one ever talks about.

2002, week 3 vs Cleveland. The Titans hold a 28-14 lead late at home and the Browns, with I don't believe any timeouts, score twice, both with under 2 minutes remaining, including recovering an onside kick, to tie it and then won in OT.

Had the Titans won that game, as they should have, they'd have been home for the AFC Championship game, not the Raiders. I really think the Titans would have beaten the Raiders at home and also the Bucs. Remember, the Bucs knew the Raiders playbook inside and out which is probably the reason for the blowout. But I think had the Titans beaten Cleveland that day then they'd have won Super Bowl 37.

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

The QB sneak worked the first time, after the refs gave the ratbirds 5 mins rest the best play the OC could come up with was another QB sneak with 9 men in the box, pathetic call on the offsides on killer-ray and pathetic call by the OC on the redo.

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

That game was a horrible one, and I remember every bit of it, but it didn't cost us a Super Bowl. Gimme a break.

Why would we have beaten the Raiders? Would homefield advantage have made that much of a difference?

In week 2, the Raiders beat the hell out of us 52-25. Then they beat us 41-27. I was only 13 then, and it's been so long, but I remember Fat Al doing something stupid (no surprise there), that, in turn, gave the Raiders a TD. That game was actually close at times. We had it within 3 points on several different occasions.

If, somehow, we managed to beat the Raiders in the championship game, there's no way in hell we beat the Bucs in the Super Bowl. The Raiders made us look like a joke. The Bucs made the Raiders look like a joke. They would have made us inexistent and it would have been an absolutely embarrassing loss.

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I'm sure this game has been mentioned several times as well...

The 2003 game against the Colts was pretty horrific... Eddie Berlin fumbling 3 punts. With under 2 minutes remaining Justin McCareins is back on the punt return. We're still in the game... and then McCareins destroys our hopes. Pathetic.

Had we won that game we would have won the AFC South and wouldn't have had to travel to Baltimore or New England in the playoffs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar