Breaking News With the 18th pick of the 2022 NFL Draft, the Titans select WR Treylon Burks, Arkansas

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 28, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbrit

jbrit Starter

I know everyone is down on him because of the trade but he’s going to be a very, very good player. When he played Bama, we could not stop him.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

The AJ trade aside... anyone know much about this guy? Any Arkansas fans?

3. jbrit

jbrit Starter

I’m an avid SEC watcher and outside of Williams he’s probably the most pro ready WR in the SEC

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. DoubleBlue

DoubleBlue Highly Respected Poster

A lot of people here wanted him before the AJ trade, including myself. I'm still happy we got him, curious to see what happens at 26, lots of options

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I admit, he's pretty good. His comparison is Deebo Samuel and AJ Brown. He's like a gadget player who can play all over the field IMO. I would've loved this pick had we got him at 26. He slipped big time due to his combine, but he was once considered easily top 15 pick. A RB playing WR.

6. Young54

Young54 Starter

Because he's too expensive and he didn't want to be here anymore because of.. Feelings.

Good luck, but good riddance.

I don't think we should ever pay a WR 12% of the salary cap. That's just crazy. JRob said it himself, salaries are cyclical. It's a copycat league. You get a "hot hand" overvalued position, everyone overpays, then it comes back down to earth. It wasn't that long ago that RBs were making more money than WRs.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  7. Carp

Carp Starter

He probably doesn't have speed AJ has. He's more similar to a guy like Mike Evans. Hopefully, he turns out something similar to him.

We still need another WR. Preferably a burner.

8. Young54

Young54 Starter

Did we work Burks out at the combine or have him as one of the visits? He clearly wasn't at the Senior Bowl.

9. Young54

Young54 Starter

Mike Evans > AJ Brown
    And it's not close

10. jbrit

jbrit Starter

He’s definitely not an RB at WR. He’s 6’3 and mike 230. He had 1100 yards receiving last year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar