Pre-Game Thread Wild Card Round: Titans @ Chiefs

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jan 1, 2018.

?

Who wins?

Poll closed Jan 7, 2018.
  1. Titans by 1-3

21.9%
  2. Titans by 4-6

17.7%
  3. Titans by 7-9

10.4%
  4. Titans by 10-13

4.2%
  5. Titans by 14 or more

10.4%
  6. Chiefs by 1-3

5.2%
  7. Chiefs by 4-6

8.3%
  8. Chiefs by 7-9

7.3%
  9. Chiefs by 10-13

5.2%
  10. Chiefs by 14 or more

9.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apcgamb24

Apcgamb24 Starter

Not to be a negative nancy, but just don't see how we win this. On the road at the loudest stadium in the NFL, on a short week, with an offense that cannot pick up first downs consistently. Defense will have to play its tail off for us to even be in it.

I'm praying for a win. I may not be able to sleep tonight. But I just don't see it happening.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

I was using scores and odds. That’s what it was when I replied

3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

If Titans want to win this game, they must...

Win the turnover battle
    Match or win special teams
    Out execute when we get outcoached
    Get key/big performances from certain individuals in all 3 phases

Players to watch for us will be...
    Mariota...no turnovers, score TD's, and run when it's there!
    Henry - Stop dancing and start running...north south...run angry! Know where you're going!
    Decker - Catch the ball and do what you do!
    Davis - Run every route like you're the primary wr and you're in the Super Bowl!
    Delanie - Deliver like usual!!!

Coaching - Make adjustments within a drive...don't wait for halftime! Let Mariota audible out of bad playcalls...which will happen if you run the exact formations and plays they expect and choose defenses to counter it. Don't waste time outs. Don't waste challenges. Be smart and don't try to get too cute! Don't onside kick the opening kickoff! Have a plan to handle Hunt, Hill and Kelce!!! Please someone spy Alex Smith on 3rd and long!

If our OL blocks like they did last week, ppl will get fired. If the OL miscommunicates like it did last week. People will get fired. If we keep messing up the blocking, call obvious plays out of obvious formations and don't let the qb audible out, we will rely on Mariota, Walker, Henry and or a WR to bail us out.

Hope as a strategy is a BAD IDEA!!!

If Mularkey wants to keep his job and PROVE that he belongs...match Andy Reid and win this game and show all the recurring mistakes during the season have been cleaned up.

If our offense produces 10-14 points, I don't want to have to HOPE for a special teams TD or our D holding their offense to 10 or less points.

Hope as a strategy is a BAD IDEA!!!

Show up, Titan up, and let's GO!!!!!!!!!!

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

Hope the guys can overcome piss poor coaching. I really appreciate the guys we have on this team.

5. 12th Titan

12th Titan Starter

One positive is that the Chiefs haven't won a home Playoff game since 1993.

So, they have a loud stadium, bee big favorites, and still lost.

So, just because it's in Arrowhead, doesn't mean we can't, or won't win there.

6. 12th Titan

12th Titan Starter

13 hours til game time.

Go Titans!

7. aztitans

aztitans Starter

Prediction Tennessee Titans 23
    Kansas City Chiefs 6
    Remember Chiefs have the worst defense we have faced all year, and they are coached by Andy Reid and QB' d by Alex Smith perennial playoff underachievers. Titans have allowed 7 td's in last 6 games best in NFL. We couldn't have asked for a better matchup. The Chiefs will be rendered to the Pit of Missouri, Dilly Dilly. Looking forward to next week were we match up with the New England Patriots even better than the we match up with the Chiefs.

8. Jeff.Fisher

Jeff.Fisher Best coach of all time

I agree. Titans are about to shock some peeps.

9. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

I’ll give you all my moolah if they beat the Chiefs and then go on to beat NE next week.

10. Cajun_Titan_33

Cajun_Titan_33 Pro Bowler

I got excited and just decided to look at round trip flights to boston. 150$ round trip tockets from hou. I bought it! No way im missing the oppurtunity to see the greatest upset of all time if we happen to make it there.

If not i have to fly later on in the year so i wont be wasting money lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar