Wide Receivers... Who gets cut?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titans2871, Apr 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

We do have a redshirt system.. It's called the practice squad.

2. Looking at Paul Williams junior season totals and his profile, I'd say it's highly unlikely he gets outplayed by 7 other WRs in camp...

3. zackmann

zackmann Guest

on him being an unproven rookie...

IMO, a 3rd round WR and a 7th round WR have the same standing at this point...

and also IMO, there isn't anything about Paul Williams that makes him anymore likely to be an NFL WR as the other 2 WR we drafted...or the other 9 WR's on our roster...

out of the pool of WR's we have...I would not be surprised to see him cut (someone has to be!)...and since we are predicting this 5 months beforehand just for fun, he is currently on my prediction to get cut (remember someone has to be most likely!)...

and given to the 2 choices given (in trouble with the law or being outplayed), I pick being outplayed...

4. zackmann

zackmann Guest

his junior season totals are, to me, no indication either way...we'll see how he works out...my gut says it was a bad pick...i'm much more excited about the guy from FSU...

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

That can be said of any draft pick in any position.

6. Nine

Nine Starter

I hate to say this, because I think both players have value....but unless they step it up in a big way, I'm guessing either Roydell or Roby will be gone.....possibly even both. (Roydell has shown more as a receiver, but Roby has value on ST....tossup.)

Despite his limited production, I really, really like much of what we've seen from Roydell. He's a pretty physical for a WR, and with the ball in his hands, he fights for everything he can get....he squeezes every possible inch out of the play, and then some.

Much like Ben Troupe, Roydell has a remarkable knack for creating YAC, and a history of making acrobatic moves to get around defenders for additional yardage. (Unfortunately, he had that one big drop last preseason, and that's all anyone remembers.)

The one thing that concerns me about Roydell is how rarely he gets looked at....I don't know if he can't get open, or what the problem is. But when he does get a look...watch out.

I'm not quite so confident about Roby. He's had some very nice catches, but for the most part, he seems like "just a guy". He does have some value on ST, but it seems like his upside is fairly limited. Also, he seems a bit....unsure, for lack of a better word. He doesn't appear make his cuts with any authority...it's almost like he's trying to be careful. It's hard to describe, but I think he could be really good if he was just a little more tenacious, like Derrick Mason. He's got the physical tools to be good, but I just don't see any fire in him.

7. zackmann

zackmann Guest

I'm just hoping our WR's as a whole this year don't make me YAC...

8. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I'm still waiting to see Roydell show us anything...

9. Nine

Nine Starter

10. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

That was bad arse. Send some more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar