Why Was MM8 Not Starting?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by VondyP, Sep 23, 2018.

?
  1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    6.6%
  2. No

57 vote(s)
    93.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

Seems obvious, Blaine Gabbert was in for 2 drives and took 2 sacks, one being very OBVIOUS they were going all out blitz, also his passes were WAY off. So.... why wasn't Mariota starting? Clearly a limited passing MM8 is better than a fully healthy Blaine Gabbert. He brought a spark to this offense, regardless of the numbers. He took many first downs for himself running and was fairly accurate across the board. (where gabby was not in his limited showing)

Was Vrabel being stubborn?

2. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Not even close to a W with sunshine.

Only guess is they weren’t sure they could protect Mariota against sacksonville and feared gabbys outcome for Yoda.

Otherwise... not a single clue

But then we run designed runs with Mariota once in which screams “F it...”

So now I’m even more confused.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Did you see him throw lol

• Boring Boring x 1
  4. RealestWhiteBoy

RealestWhiteBoy World Champion

We won this game because of MM8's legs. No way Gabbert makes those plays, so no we dont win if he is in.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
  5. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Gabbert just came off a win against the Texans and managed the game well. Why risk it with MM? I dont understand some of the lack of quick checkdowns by Gabbert when it was clear they were bringing the house on some of those plays.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Truthfully, I believe it was about protecting the starting QB for later in the season than anything else.

Lest we forget, protecting MM was what got Mularkey hired in Tennessee. I don't think that AAS has changed her mind about that priority, but that's just my opinion.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. TitanWally

TitanWally Starter

Dude has nerve damage in his throwing arm. He didn't attempt a single pass beyond 10 yards all game.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
  8. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

I believe because of his awful play he was benched to begin with.

• Boring Boring x 1
    • Take a Chill Pill Take a Chill Pill x 1
  9. SuperMariota

SuperMariota Starter

The Mariota guy with the only yes vote?

When asking that question...dont forget how poorly Jacksonville was offensively and what contributed to that. They had opportunities...they just didn't execute. I blame coaching and defense for that.

They are in this position to win with Gabbert as well.

10. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

so you trust blaine gabbert throwing 10+ yard passes against a jacksonville D then?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar