Why is everyone giving up on CJ2k?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by damersbrah, Oct 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. damersbrah

damersbrah Special Teams Standout

Are you talking so far this season, or their entire body of work?

2. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Prefacing that I actually agree that CJ should have been paid for past performance (and given his performance this season so far apparently so did our FO), entire body of work doesn't mean squat this season. Now that he has been paid for past performance, I really could not give two knits about his 2K season....this season, right now, I would take alot of those guys over him.

Hopefully he improves this season and proves me wrong...I will gladly eat crow if he does.

This week will tell us IMO. He no longer has the holdout to blame for performance, and the Cows are not great at stopping the run (especially now when banged up).

3. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

Once I see the Oline play a physical and a emotional game and actually giving cj a push the I will B@#t about CJ but not yet.

The Bottom line is that the Oline is playing like our head coach to calm to much technique.I want to see some fire because right now they are playing like Pu$$&s.And I know they can do it because we saw in the rams game.

4. damersbrah

So you don't mean to say they are better than CJ, but are having better seasons? That I could agree with, but I'm not sold they could be doing much more in similar circumstances.

As bad as the running game has been, CJ is still the biggest threat to opposing defenses as shown by their continuous approach of stacking the box. Now that we have a QB who can pick it up and win games with his arm, things have been opened up in the passing game. As long as we are winning games all is well with me.

5. damersbrah

I don't think it has anything to do with intensity, I'm sure these guys are playing hard. They are just physically outmatched in the running game and I think it starts with the interior line. They are constantly getting pushed back and it is really hard to have success when that happens. I like the calm demeanor of Munchak and the staff, it allows reason to rule over emotions. In a heated game he who blinks first loses, and overwhelming emotions can lead to irrational decisions.

I'd really like to see the staff get more creative in getting CJ the ball. Chicago doesn't have a great line but Forte is allowed to see success because of the different ways they utilize him. It keeps the defense off balance making it hard to predict whats coming. Unlike running the ball up the middle for the dozenth time, or the same damn stretch play. We have the most explosive RB in the NFL, get him the ball in space. Where are all the screen and swing passes? We have to get creative.

• High Five High Five x 4
  6. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I don't have much to say despite this OL is absolutely awful in run blocking.

7. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Lmao jahvid best is better than CJ?! Some titans fans are wayyy too fickle.

8. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I truthfully think they should stop throwing screens and swing passes to CJ. His hands/concentration/whatever is terrible and he seems to take bigger hits, for minimal gains.

9. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

Doom and gloom exclusively here with the exception of what the next new player might do some day.

10. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Really? The swing/screen pass seems to work for alot of other teams, and has worked for CJ in the past. It is only this season (and alot of last season) that he has not been able to gain much, either running or receiving.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar