Why is everyone giving up on CJ2k?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by damersbrah, Oct 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. damersbrah

damersbrah Special Teams Standout

At this point I'd be more surprised if you could formulate a coherent post with actual substance. This is a meaningless question, there is no right or wrong answer for it. But to satisfy you let us say we should expect 1200+ all purpose yards and 10+ TDs a year for the remainder of his contract.

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

then we overpaid.

Street URFA RBs could produce that.

CJSideways the Micro Wussie took advantage of the Titans and Titan fans

3. damersbrah

damersbrah Special Teams Standout

Oh really? Let's hear some of these street RBs who could produce at least 1200+ all purpose yards or 10+ TDs for over the span of 6-8 years. Keep in mind what I predicted was a minimum, CJ is certainly capable of outperforming that production in any given year, and if his past success is any indication, he will.

I do find it funny that my off hand prediction is enough evidence for you to declare we overpaid, didn't know you took my opinion so highly.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

It would be multiple Street FA who would suceed because of the OL and the system.

If that is all the little wussie provides then he is vastly overpaid and if he is so capable then explain 2011 thru the bye?

Gayton Manning has some mad QB skillz judging by past performances - hows that working out for the ponies??? Means squat as they sit at 0-6 just like CJ2k has zero meaning as CJSideways is looking pretty real bad.

as for your opinion you got 30 posts and I have no idea who you are so dont flatter yourself. I thought CJ was overpaid when he squalled like a girl for a new contract in 2010

5. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Point 1 - Did you see me say that I base 100% on what I see??? I seem to remember saying "more" visual than stats....that is not 100%. That said, I think that stats can be manipulated to prove a point (i.e. QB rating), so that is why I base my opinion MORE (note, not TOTALLY as you imply here) on what I see.

Point 2 - This is a great example of stats being manipulated to prove someone's point...ok, so he catches 75% of balls thrown to him. So far this season I have seen him drop 2 surefire long gain, if not TD passes in one game. That is not "good". Maybe it was a bad game, yes. At best it tells me he is inconsistent at this. That is what needs to be improved.

6. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I get fan's frustrations with CJ's performance this season. I've been frustrated with CJ many times this season. What I don't get is some fan's bashing his rap label, or teeth, or cars, or how he held out, or whatever...whatever doesn't relate to football. I don't know if some of you are watching the game or have played the position but your asking an 180 pound back to run full speed head first into 350+ pound lineman. CJ got injured for our team back in the day and still played through it.

The reason why we signed CJ to a deal is because of his playmaking ability. You know why the passing game seems so open all the time? Because CJ can make you pay faster than the passing game if he gets in space.

We need to stop making CJ an every down back and use him in creative ways with more screens, play actions (Cook), 2 RB looks, and possibly 3 back looks. I think the less of a threat we make him on each play the more dangerous our offense will be. Maybe we should just come out letting Hasselbeck sling it on Sunday. If we make some plays in the passing game, we come back and hurt them with the draws and delayed hand-offs in the running game. CJ's biggest upside is that he gets big chunks of yards when he gets in space. He can help generate points in a hurry for your offense.

I'm hoping CJ has a solid game this weekend. I hope he has some more 20 and 20+ carries but first and foremost I just hope he consistently gets positive yardage.

I think everyone will forget about this year's start if he breaks out against the Texans tomorrow. When he's able to get to the 2nd level he's dangerous.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

^ A lot of the 'hate' your are describing which you don't understand...IMO a lot of times is just for fun..he's had another rough start to a season so he deserve some flack, but sometimes I'll post some 'hate' on CJ as a complete joke.. (sometimes to see if it will stir a reaction from others...sometimes just to crack one)...it's fun try it out sometime

As for his record label...I have not heard any of his tracks and I don't think I will....I can completely understand the hate for that...I get the feeling it's pretty weak.

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Damn it would be nice to have a season where we don't have a super-star player being kept from performing by teammates and coaches :p
    It's all a conspiracy!

9. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

Cj is the new Vince people are gonna B!@ch about him no matter what he does now.

But let me ask one question if we get rid of CJ then who is next?

10. Don Johnson

Don Johnson Detective Sonny Crockett

Everybody's blaming Cj for the lack of production but, has anybody really taken into account the fact that our O line is just plain awful at run blocking? Look at ringer's stats or any other RB on our roster. NO RB can produce behind our line. If you're looking for someone to blame, blame the coaching staff. They're the one that chose to stick with that sorry interior O line. You guys are getting way too serious about this, its only week 7. I don't blame CJ for holding out, he didn't liek what he was getting paid and held out for what he wanted. He's ran for close to 4500 yds in his first three years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar