Why I'm Optimistic Ravens will stop Johnson

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Mashed Potatoes, Jan 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I see a lot of misdirection runs. Get Ray Ray into a gap to meet Hall and see CJ bust it to the other side. The goal has to be to get CJ in the open field so I expect him to have a bigger impact in the passing game.

He has improved dramatically as a receiver since the first time they met.

2. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Stopping CJ will be a moot point if Collins throws all over Balti's secondary, like he did last time.

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I totally agree. Hall's ability to clear a gap is crucial.

4. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

why i'm optimisitic the ravens will lose...

WHY I'M OPTIMISITIC THE RAVENS WILL LOSE...

there defense gets tired midway in the thrid quarter...that is what happens when your average age on defense is 76. not to mention...dinner for old timers is served at 4:30. they are thinking about there mashed potatoes they get to eat...

5. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

It probably won't be a stellar day for LDub or CJ on the ground. I think the key won't be how many yards Johnson gets, but how many stops for 0 or a loss he gets. If he can consistently turn a busted play into 2 yards, I like our chances. Otherwise we might be tempted to go to the air, which could be costly. I don't see Collins throwing a lot of INTs, but our receivers have had a case of the fumbles lately and that worries me.

If CJ can put up 50 yards on the ground, and another 40 receiving I'd call that a good day. Anything more and the Titans should win, anything less and the favor tips to the Ravens.

6. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

If Hall puts Ray Ray on his *** just once, that alone will be worth watching the whole game.
    If Hall puts Ray Ray on his ***, and in turn clears a roadway for CJ or LW to break out a big run...even better.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Predictions..

We will pass to set up the run. The ravens won't get enough pressure on collins and will start blitzing and this is how CJ comes in with screens and check offs. The ravens may have gay ray keying on CJ going everywhere he goes. Then look for the TEs and the FB to get some big catches.

Oh we are going to school samari rolle. Not the same player any longer and i think we are going to have a good day working on him. J-mac will school rolle! I'm serious about this.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I believe our coaching staff started working on this game since monday after the steelers game. They looked at the situation and the schedule and knew the ravens would be a likely opponent and started doing film work right away. 3 weeks ago!

9. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Exactly. That or we can start sending CJ out on swing/flat and screen passes. If Ray Ray follows him, that will eliminate him from being in a blitz if they decide to send everybody. And of course, if Ray does come for KFC, then KFC can just dump it off to CJ in the flats.

If JMac somehow becomes a key player and contributes to a win, that will almost redeem his previous non-factorness.

10. RavensDan

RavensDan Guest

I think some of you are forgetting the Ravens have 11 guys playing defense, not just Ray Lewis. It is very hard to run around the edges on this defense and screens rarely work. The best way to run against them is to pound it up the middle for one or two yards in the first three quarters and hope to wear them down in the 4th. With your starting center out I don't know if that will be possible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar