Why I'm Optimistic Ravens will stop Johnson

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Mashed Potatoes, Jan 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes Camp Fodder

In our first game, Johnson got 44 yards on 18 carries. That's 2.4 yards per carry.

Against teams with top-10 rush defenses - Minnesota, Baltimore, Chicago, Pittsburgh, New York Jets - Johnson had 75 rushes for 228 yards. That's 3.0 YPC, and he never had more than 69 yards in any game.

Against average or worse defenses, the other 10 games he played, he had 1,000 yards on 176 carries, almost 5.7 per carry.

Now that doesn't mean the Titans should abandon the run, and I think they should try to utilize CJ with screen passes, but I'm confident that we can shut him down rushing.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

why i'm sure the ravens will stop chris johnson; they already did it once with ease.

3. Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes Camp Fodder

I knew that we shut him down on the first occasion, but I was surprised to see that he didn't have much success with any top 10 run D.

No Mawae can't help either.

4. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I"m hoping Dinger sees something in the tapes from the first game where they can get more yards from him this time...

5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I'm sure they'll figure out something. It's hard to stop a good runner twice.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

he has decided to catch the swing passes over the last month. That will keep the OLB back a bit, and Ed Reed can cover all the water he wants he still has too respect 4.24 football speed. If the scatbirds don't put an 8th man in the box the Titans will have running room inside. Can't wait for Stewart chances against gay ray. I see one frustrated stabber!
    [​IMG]

7. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Only way for CJ to get a lot of yards on the Ravens is to have 1 big run where he breaks free, running 5 yards per carry isnt going to happen.

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Swing pass, bubble screen and/or CJ in the slot is the only way I see to loosen up the middle and cool off alot of run blitzes. I don't see Fisher allowing Dinger to use these but if he does, I think it could take some pressure of Leroy Harris directing blocking traffic.

I see alot of 3 and outs and field position battle w/ FG's for both sides. Maybe a big special team play.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

do you even understand the concept of AVERAGE. The vast majority of any RBs carries are for 4 yards or less. They get their 5+ypc by breaking a few big ones. That is the way it is. No runner on any team against any D is going to get 5 yards every carry in the NFL

10. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Pound it up the middle! - The Ravens doesn't have the stamina to hold up against that for 60 minutes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar