Why does Jake Locker have to be great?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titans1839, Apr 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

What happened to you never questioning Locker's toughness again :brow:

2. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

He's tough regarding playing through injuries, but not tough in that he easily gets hurt.

3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

heart of McNair, body of Colin McCarthy. He is the Titans personified.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Ahhh, and out come the crutches jokes hahah

5. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Not trying to pick about your words but Jake does not have McNair's heart. The only way Steve would sit out a game is if he couldn't walk and even then he'd still probably play. I like Jake a lot but he is nowhere near as tough as Steve was.

• High Five High Five x 4
  6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

You're right, steve was literally reckless and at least partially insane for what he did.. It took a toll on him, and probably did not really help the franchise all that much.

But Locker would be out there with his injuries, if they would have let him. It's just that his injuries seriously hampered his ability to be on the field. McNair's injuries seemed like stuff that he could still move his limbs with.. like broken ribs, etc. McNair would drug himself up enough to numb it before the game, and Locker didn't have the choice, because he couldn't walk.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

Im not saying that he has lived up to his draft pick, im saying that we don't need a top throwing qb to win games. He is capable of doing it if he stays healthy.

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I'm not so much worried about him being great as I am him staying healthy. You simply aren't going to much success when you're starting QB is on the sidelines 4+ games each season. For that reason, I'm ready to move on. Could he stay healthy for a full season? Of course. Is he going to be able to do it on a consistent basis? Very, very doubtful. We need a guy we can rely on to be in the starting lineup each week, for better or worse.

9. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I think the defense will be good, but I can't see a top 2-3 type defense. I say top 10'ish.

I don't feel good about the run game at all. I don't see how anyone possibly could...

Return game should be good. We have no idea who our kicker is...

The team is going to have to score points and move the ball consistently to win consistently...

10. 615nick

615nick Starter

Never, never, never ever ever, say jake locker is anything close anything mcnair. He has no where near.the heart, any of these injuries jake has been out for mcnair would have fought the coaches to get on the field. He played with broken bones for god sake. This is the guy who made our franchise nkt the browns, jake locker hasn't done s### to be mentioned with mcnair on any level.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar