Why do people think playoff experience is a huge deal

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 520, Dec 30, 2017.

?
  1. Yes

26 vote(s)
    72.2%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    27.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tewa Titan

Tewa Titan Starter

What do mean it was proven thats what they were doing. Was it against the rules? No. But it was a gray area that the whole franchise operates in. The Patriot way, you ever hear about the in's and out's of how they operate from former players. No. They are the evil empire.

2. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

That's at least twice this thread you keep posing the same question.

Nobody said playoff experience is the be all end all. Obviously when teams repeat in the playoffs there can only be one winner.
    Second, helping doesn't mean auto victory. Let's use the same application to any things that "help" but don't guarantee victory. Winning the TO battle, winning time of possession, out rushing the other team, a better QB, a better Defense, etc.

Point being, having a more experienced team (whether just older or in this case playoff exp) helps, but doesn't necessarily mean victory because of it. But I'm not going to deny that playing in a playoff atmosphere more than once helps.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I wasn't looking at much as a team as individually.

Mainly, the key guys who are hopefully going to be a part of this franchise for years to come.

4. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Oh well individually, sure it helps...just like experience does in everything else. "When you get into the end zone, act like you've been there a thousand times before..." -Tragically Hip

5. HurrayTitans!

Anyone else see the tweet by Erik Walden over >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>?

“Everything picks up in the playoffs —the speed, the magnitude of it all, the sense of urgency,” said Walden, who finished the regular season with 44 tackles, four sacks and 28 quarterback pressures. “The atmosphere, man, it is electric. There is nothing like it. There is nothing in the regular season that can compare to a playoff game. You get close, maybe a Monday night or Sunday night, but there’s nothing like it.” - Walden

He leads the team with 12 playoff games, Ryan is next with 10, then Sly - 7, weems and woodyard 6.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I think its safe to say we all kind of assumed this already

7. HurrayTitans!

So by that logic, how could playoff experience NOT help? If there is nothing like it, being there, even once, should be beneficial.

While some are attempting to argue its the be all end all is just argument for argument's sake. I think Walden's take is accurate and kind of proves that having played in a playoff game, helps for future games.

Although after 12, I wonder if he hit the plateau of how much playoff experience can help?

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

My take on this; the more you do something the better you become at it

so IMO any game time experience helps..

knowing what to expect is a benefit

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Titan Bill

Titan Bill Titan Branded 4 Life Tip Jar Donor

If anything prior play-off experience and subsequent heartaches the following year/s have been a staple of the Titans and Oilers. So I voted no.

As mentioned in this thread we have come in as a number one seed after prior experience and lost to the Ravens at home (twice) The old Oilers franchises figured out new and exciting ways to blow leads back to back to back years.

Still, I will take play-offs anytime cause ya never know.....

10. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Look at what half a game of playoff experience did for the team!

• High Five High Five x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar