Who to target by trade deadline

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ropy0386, Oct 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

He has been injured almost all year....hamstring injury....he is an OSU guy so maybe Vrables will want to add him...I'd consider signing him and then immediately putting him on IR to not actually cost us a roster spot....let him heal up and learn the defense and then maybe he could contribute later in the season

2. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

close to me is how they played against the Bills and holding the Steelers to 3 points in the 2nd half.

3. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Why do you keep comparing to the rams? They’re also near the bottom in press %. There’s 32 teams, we’re near the bottom in just about every statistic to recognize pressure on the opposing QB.

how that is all DB especially compared to each of the previous seasons where pass rush has been a continuous problem. Follow each of the last 3-4 offseason threads and you will find a common theme regarding JRob and getting some pass rushers.

I applaud the effort this season except Beasley/Clowney aren’t cutting it yet.
    This defense starts getting pressure, you will see improvement in these marginal DB. It will be good to get AJ25 back.

as far as butler playing press occasionally, that probably happens when you have Ryan, AJ25, and Byard back there. When he’s by himself with the likes of Tye Smith, Chris Jackson, and Hooker. It’s a lot tougher.
    so we are in agreement on CB improving, but AJ25 is already on the roster to help butler.

4. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Idk what you don’t understand about the comparison to the Rams. They are one of the top teams in total sacks. Which is what your complaint is about. So pressure the QB the same % per game as one of the best defensive lines in the NFL. The difference? They have guys like Jalen Ramsey and Troy Hill at CB. They have legitimate corners which allows their pass rushers to convert pressure into sacks. We also compare similarly to the Bears and Browns (who also have 2 of the better defensive lines in the NFL).

I honestly don’t know how else to explain this to you.

5. HurrayTitans!

Not only do they also have Aaron Donald but your continuous comparison is a whataboutism.
    You picked that 1 team to represent all for your argument. I’m comparing to 31 other teams.

6. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Uhhh....You are again ignoring the facts. I showed you more than one team.

My comparison is a whataboutism but yet you have no rebuttal for it. Now you’re excuse is “that’s only one team” even though I’ve shown you more than one example. Give me a break! You are clearly only choosing to read what you want.

It’s okay to admit you were wrong and just move on. But you are just being stubborn and providing zero context to the discussion anymore. Just claiming things that aren’t true.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  7. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win Tip Jar Donor

if we sit on our hands and expect things to change, JROB is a ******* fool and loses a lot of any kudos he might've earned in the past

you can't waste contender years in the NFL, there is no "we'll get em next year for sure"

8. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Also the Titans are 6th in the NFL in QB knockdown percentage. That means we are close to converting sacks! Ravens and Steelers are #1 & #2 on knockdown percentage.

So let’s recap:
    - we’ve got pressure rates similar to some of the top sack teams in the NFL.
    - weve got one of the highest QB knockdown percentages in the league.
    - Harold Landry himself is 11th in pressures. T5th in knockdowns(With one less game than most teams)
    - Simmons is T5th in knockdowns (2 less games bc of Covid)
    - Clowney is T18th (with Myles Garrett) in knockdowns.

Titans DB QB Rating allowed:
    Byard: 105.7
    Vaccaro: 125.4
    Chris Jackson: 115.4
    Butler: 79.4
    Joseph: 94.7
    Fulton: 95.5
    Smith: 140.7

yeah go ahead and keep blabbing that BS that the secondary isn’t the weak link.

9. HurrayTitans!

We’re done.
    You want to compare to the rams exclusively and selectively pick the browns and bears as “comparable” which is a subjective statement in its own right.

I posted the facts, your guarantee was wrong, the titans pass rush is garbage and is a large reason why the DBs are left out to hang.

good day sir.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  10. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

BS. I just posted the stats. Go look at them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar