Who to target by trade deadline

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ropy0386, Oct 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Seems like we saw the same immediate regression with Ryan last year.
    Curious if it’s coincidence.

2. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

With Pees our DB’s were much closer to the LOS.

Again go show me a QB chart with a lot of deep to intermediate passes against us. That’s how teams are attacking us. Short throws that result in 7-8 yards.

I guarantee you we are a top 15 team in overall pressure on the QB this year.

Stephon Gilmore is rumored to be available. You’re telling me you wouldn’t want him over these “pass rushers?”

3. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Butler is just far too inconsistent. He played pretty well against Pittsburgh but got torched against Houston.

He will most definitely be released after this year. No way we can justify paying him that much money next year. For reference, Gilmore would cost us 7.5 million this year and 8.5 next year. I’d take that all day over Butler.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Tewa Titan

Tewa Titan Starter

Everson Griffen is a available he's making 6 mil for this year.

5. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I call your guarantee and show you that we are 26th in pressure, 28th in hurries, and 30th in sacks.
    2020 NFL Opposition & Defensive Statistics | Pro-Football-Reference.com

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. titansrule00000

titansrule00000 Pro Bowler

Wish they would dump Beasley and trade for a Griffen and Gilmore.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. grindtime

grindtime Starter

I think we are on the verge of something great. The Titans went out and got multiple players during free agency. I think they know they are right there. I expect a huge trade coming in the next week.

8. titansrule00000

Can we trade for a new defensive coordinator?

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

you have to have one first....we never replaced Pees

Our defensive strategy is certainly to try and avoid the big play...we have only given up 17 passes over 20yrds this yr...the league leader has given up 15...the Bengals have given up 30 passes over 20 yrds.

We are getting teams in bad yardage situations, but then letting them off the hook. I really feel that we are close to getting this defense to gel and getting Adoree back will certainly help

I still can't figure out why we only had 3 OLBers active last week. Roberson needs to be active and we need to rotate those guys more. They are getting gassed out there.....of course if they could get off the field on 3rd down they wouldn't get so gassed......also not sure why Long was inactive...he makes plays when he gets a chance

10. titansrule00000

If by close you mean our 25 million pass rushers all of a sudden actually start making plays I hope your right. I keep telling myself the defense will come together but it just isn’t happening, I hope they figure something out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar