Who is your college team?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by TitanMatt, Jul 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColeJ.

ColeJ. Right Brigade

i would so make the wrong choice here.

[​IMG]

call me crazy (cause i am), but i love brown... and brown with yellow or gold is so awesome. :ha:

2. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Just like the memory of losing to App State will die down once Rodriguez gets them back to being competitive.

Every team has embarrassing losses. My team, Tennessee, had one just last year..Wyoming. It happens.

FWIW, App State is probably a better program than both Wyoming and La Monroe.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Tell you when? Not anytime soon.

:)

4. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

honestly, they're totally different.

I watched everything last year. And the Tennessee losing to wyoming was more like Michigan's loss to Toledo the same season.

The Appy state game was a thing of it's own in just so many different ways. That one might get remembered; the toledo loss will go away when Rodz gets it all in order

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

The App State loss was only really shocking because no one was familiar with them. Once people learned that they were actually a great little D2 school, it helped a bit. Plus, it was opening game.
    If it weren't Michigan- no one would care much.

And they ran the spread. Loyd Carr would lose to MTSU if they ran the spread.

[​IMG]

It was a freaky game too. The 2 blocked kicks? Fate basically.

6. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

Well also it was a D1 AA beating a team ranked not only in the top 10, but the top 5. Not only had a AA school never beaten a ranked IA school.

And if it had been a top 10 ranked OSU, Tenn, Texas, whoever - even UF - that had lost to a AA school, you'd have still heard about it (and still be hearing about it)

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

wow...that's just horrible.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Georgia southern used to be a major AA powerhouse and everytime they stepped up to play a good SEC team they got dominated. And note that AA today is not nearly what it was in the 80s. Many of the top programs in the 80s and 90s are division 1 now.

Michigan lost 8 more games last year and were outscored over all by almost 9 points a game.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Speaking of cool or unique unis that is why i liked LSU when i was a kid. The purple and gold looked cool.

I also thought mike the tiger was the coolest mascot as well.

I visited LSU on a summer trip to New Orleans with a friend when i was 19 and the most striking thing you notice right away is how close that stadium is to the male dorms. Someone with a good arm can hit the stadium with a baseball from the dorms. In the window of one dorm room was a sign that said "Go to hell Ole Miss". I love that!

I also always loved that Tennessee orange.

10. onthemove

onthemove Guest

Honestly RollTide, what do you have against Ole Miss? That will be Bama's biggest game of the year- the one in Oxford.

Screw the "rivals," they're not the powerhouses they used to be. The Rebels will make or break the Tide's season and Snead is a great QB. Not to mention they're way more fun to watch than people want to admit.

Anyone who can walk into Florida's house and embarass them in front of all their fans and whip Texas Tech's @$$ in the Cotton Bowl deserves much more respect than you and the rest of this board are giving them. They're for real and we should be afraid. If Bama beats them, then it gets easier from there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar