Who is the starting RB this week

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jstanley1730, Sep 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Henry and White have about the same probability of getting hurt IMO.
    The reason White doesn't get more carries is because he hasn't earned them. He probally doesn't have a full grasp of his assignments in passing situations and he hasn't exactly shown much when he has carried the ball.

Last game Henry looked pretty good for the first half or so so I'm sure they wanted to see if that could continue. Also, 9 or Henry's 21 carries were for 1 yard or less last week incase you didn't know.

2. Ewker

Ewker Starter

anyone think that White doesn't know his blocking assignments yets. Until he does he won't play much. Its bad enough the OL lets Collins :moon2: get sacked :grrhee: but to have a RB who doesn't know what to do is even worse. Did White even have to block at USC?

3. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

True, but as far as talent, ability, toughness, White is the answer. So I guess White is the only rookie RB in the league who doesn't have his blocking assignments completely down the first year. Bottom line is, the guy has to get in there and learn through 'in game' situations. Just like Young isn't quite ready yet either. Sorry, I don't buy it. :irked:

4. Ewker

Ewker Starter

Did I say he wasn't starting becasue of his talent, ability or toughness...don't think so:moon2:

so throw White in there and let him get the QB (Collins or Young) sacked/hurt because he doesn't know his assignments...yeah that makes a lot of sense.

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Addai isn't the starter in Indy and I'm not sure of Maroney is in NE either.

6. Dcowboys#1

Dcowboys#1 Guest

They both average less than 3.5 ypc, does it really matter who you throw in there? Especially against the #5 defense in the league.:):):)

j/k

I think Henry should be the starter, just because he has shown signs of life in the past. He could play well this sunday. When your OL finally gets 100% healthy i think Henry could produce very well, but since your line is banged up this Sunday, does it really matter which one starts? I mean they are both gonna play, and they both will most likely have trouble running behind a make-shift OL.
    Im gonna just guess and say Henry starts

7. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

Brown will start and be out by his third touch. If his first run happens to be over 20 yards long, he may stay out the entire half. If Young plays much, I think we will see more of White. I don't know, but it seems that they like putting White with Young a lot. Hopefully Hall will be back to help block in the backfield. He is questionable also though.

8. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

Whatever dude. Then I say put him in there on running plays only if you are so concerned about him not protecting the QB. Didn't he play for Coach Chow at USC? There must be some overlap with playcalls that would allow him to get a grasp on what his responsibilities are. Why doesn't he know his assignments? What's the problem here.

Bottom line is Henry sux. Hasn''t done anything in like 3 years now, and forget about delicate, injury prone Brown.

9. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

Who cares if these rookies are starters or not. They are all getting their fair share of carries, White is non-existent.

Bush 34 carries

Addai 23 carries

Maroney 45 carries

White 9 carries

Travis Henry 30 carries/82 yards for a 2.7 yrd average
    :lol2:

10. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

I think Fisher REALLY wants his RB to be Henry. He's gushed over how "hard" he's run a number of times. To my mind, anybody we put out there is going to have a tough time. Our line wasn't performing that well to begin with, and now they're banged up??

Recipe for a lot of Collins incompletions if you ask me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar