Who are the Titans building blocks

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SanDiegoTitan, Dec 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Chance Warmack is a scrub. No one would see him on the free agent list and make him a priority. He's a guy you bring in after the draft if you've failed to fill a hole.

• High Five High Five x 4
  2. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

To be dead serious, we have very few:

Warmack
    Lewan
    MM8
    Orakpo
    Williamson
    Blackson
    Jones
    DGB
    Morgan
    Casey

That's all I can think of out of 53 players.

#12 Aqutis30, Dec 23, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
  3. SuperMariota

SuperMariota Starter

I would agree with this. It's too bad about Delanie. If the idea is to keep him rather than to put him in a better position to win. They need to spend a few years in finding his replacement. Marcus loves him some tight ends. It's been the case ever since his days in college.

The only other name I might put in there and I think his value goes way up with better talent around him is Parrish Cox. I think he's a nice player and you can win with him. In other words, there is a role for him.

4. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

No Morgan?

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

I keep forgetting Morgan because he creates the pressure that other guys benefit from, and is not the guy who gets the accolades for sacks and fumbles forced. He needs to be on the list.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Right now, DGB, Lewan and Warmack are average players. All have potential and aren't going anywhere but might not even start at their positions on 50% of the other NFL teams.

Then you have guys who have really flashed but are far from being consistent such as Mariota and Wright. They'd start on more than 50% of the teams but not among the elite.

That leaves only Walker, Morgan, Orakpo and Casey as players who I would say, without a doubt, would start for the majority of teams in the NFL. As mentioned, Walker is on the backside of his career and both Orakpo and Morgan have had injury issues.

Casey is the only stud in two-toned blue, IMO. He'd play for every team in the league.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  7. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

And we keep forgetting Fowler. That was a brilliant pick.

h/t @520

• LOL LOL x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Walker, Yoda. Those are foundational pieces. Casey is as well. Outside that, no

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

We'd be totally boned without him on those nine plays per game that he's on the field.

#19 Fry, Dec 23, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

For me it's just MM8, Walker, Casey and Orakpo and our kicker lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar