Which excites you more in 08? (Offense or Defense)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PitBull, May 23, 2008.

?
  1. I'm more excited about our defense next season.

22 vote(s)
    45.8%
  2. I'm more excited about our offense next season.

26 vote(s)
    54.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

I really believe we made the right decision in upgrading the TE position with Alge, and bringing in Chris Johnson who could turn into a serious weapon for us for when it comes to catch and sprint for a yard or thirty. The addition of the two should elevate VY's play dramatically regardless of all the "help" the so called experts are *****ing that he lacks.
    With that said, I'm seriously hating all the criticism Fish is getting for not drafting so called "quality receivers". Giving Vince Young "quality receivers" is the same as giving pee wee Herman a condom. Its not like he's ever going to use one, and if he were to.. would he know how to?

Building an offense doesn't necessarily mean bringing in big name players and not utilizing their talent. As a matter of fact, :duckrun: I'm somewhat relieved we don't have the likes of Randy Moss. If you think we turned over the ball a lot last season because of interceptions, next season would have been worse with Vince continuously trying to force the ball into the arms of his stud wideout 30 yards away.

I'm really looking forward to watching our offense next season, but what I'm most excited about is our defense. Can you only imagine how much opp QB's would be dreading playing against our D-Line now that we have added Jevon? I realize he’s lost his first step throughout the years, but in reality here’s a guy who makes Odom and Laboy look like the Olsen twins, and this time around he has a chip on his shoulder. I guess the risk of injury will remain a factor, but I have a gut feeling that 08 will be a record year for us in terms of QB rushes, sacks, interceptions and all the good things that come along with having blood thirsty maniacs on the line during every snap.

This has to be the first time which I have been more excited to watch our defense play more than our offense before the season starts. Who else feels the same?

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Offense excites me more mainly I know our defense will be good. I'm excited about VY and his new additions. CJ, Crumpler, J-Mac, and his new OC should help him alot.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Offense is more fun. We have more explosive players there and it will be fun to watch, and root for. Defense is eh to watch. I can't ever remember a time when I got up for watching the defense. Bulluck and Lathon had big play ability. And Kearse has one great moment against cincy. It was fun to watch them. But that's about it. Buddy Ryan's defense of course was agressive. But I think being blessed with Moon, McNair, and Young the past 30 years has been enough to make me an offensive dude. Even the low point with Chris Chandler, we still had Chris Sanders and Jeffries for some offensive excitement down field. I love our D, but I'm not geared up to watch them play. I love me some offense.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i think the defense has me less worried, so i guess that's why i picked them.

i like watching great defensive games, so i don't have a problem with a "boring" game.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Defense by far and i'm afraid we just used a 1st rd pick on a guy no better than chris brown. I do look forward to seeing our TEs as a group...

6. mdfan

mdfan Starter

I like seeing guys hit each other - but, I am more excited to see the improvement our offensive unit is going to make this season

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

I wish I had inside info like you. You know how good players are even before they play.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Offense just to see Chris Johnson.

9. OneYardShort

OneYardShort Camp Fodder

though I love our defense, I'm very excited to see all the new toys at work on offense...

10. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

i'm scared. Defense and Offense.....who knows whats going to happen...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar