Which AFC Division did you like better?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PhiSlammaJamma, Sep 1, 2006.

?

Favorite AFC division for Titans

Poll closed Oct 2, 2006.
  1. AFC Central

9 vote(s)
    81.8%
  2. AFC South

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  3. Eastern Divsion

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Never really cared for any of 'em

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

AFC Central:
    Tennessee Titans
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    Cleveland Browns/Baltimore Ravens
    Cincinnati Bengals
    Jacksonville Jaguars

AFC South
    Tennessee Titans
    Indianapolis Colts
    Houston Texans
    Jacksonville Jaguars

Eastern Division
    Boston Patriots
    Buffalo Bills
    Houston Oilers
    New York Titans

2. Central

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

AFC Central: That AFC Central with the Steelers and Ravens had a lot of hatred and history in it. Even to this day. Bum Phillips kicking down the Steel Door. Chuck Knoll vs. Glanville. Ray Lewis and Eddie George. Steeler fans steal Bum's hat, Luv Ya Blue, House of Pain, Renfro, Gary anderson, Commander Cody takes down the Steelers, Kosar, We even had some good battles with Boomer's Bengals. Though the Bengals were down more than they were on the rise. The Jaguars never really fit in to the whole equation. Despite having decent teams, they were never a threat to our dominance, nor did we care bout 'em too much. But overall, the rivalries with the Ravens and Steelers were heated.

AFC South: Utter Hatred for the Colts stands out here. Peyton Manning and McNair Co-MVP, The Texans utter dislike for Bud Adams runs deep, Eddie runs over the Colts, Titans Blitz the Jaguars for AFC championship, Vince Young Drafted in the face of the Texans.

AFC Eastern division: Bills and Oilers win multiple championships and dominate AFC. Rivalry has produced some of the best games in history of Football. The Comeback, the Miracle. OJ Simpson. Pete Gogolak, of the Bills, became professional football's first soccer-style kicker. The NY Titans? There is probably a lot of history here, but nobody really remembers it.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Central for sure.

The history between these teams was much better then the current rivalry between Jags, Colts and Texans.

5. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Central.

I just hate the Colts.

But, I "really hated" the Ravens and Steelers.

6. MadAboutMcNair

MadAboutMcNair Starter

Oh yeah, nothing I mean nothing sweeter than beating the Ratbirds or the Squeelers in the playoffs. The realignment was done about as well as could have been, but I still miss the Ol' division.

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Central

When I started getting into football, in the UK the tv coverage of the NFL was all on Channel4 & sundays games were shown on monday night. The presenter of the show was ex kicker Mick Luckhurst & he was buddies with Jerry Glanville. Glanville was on the show a lot & much was made of the rivalry in the AFC central. That's how I became an Oilers/Titans fan.

I think the AFC south's chemistry has suffered because as of yet not all four teams have been consistently strong contenders at the same time. We dominated 1st & now its the Colts.

8. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

I took the AFC South for one reason, different teams each year. Before realignment, it felt like we kept playing the same teams over and over, year after year. The schedule was so full of AFC Central teams, there was not enough room for other teams to come to town. I like it the way it is now. I like seeing all these teams that we don't normally get to see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar