Where is VY? (all things Vince Young goes here)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by grindtime, Feb 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

And every rock song is about a woman, drugs or partying. Every genre has its focus, just depends on what you relate to.

2. Mr.biggums

Mr.biggums Special Teams Standout

Only crappy flavor of the month bands have a "focus'' when it comes to topics.

3. Fry

Yeah, like Metallica, Jimi Hendrix, and Elvis Presley's music are about almost all of the same things over and over. The definition of flavor of the month bands...

Why are you always wrong?

4. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

All genre's of music have a primary focus, there's always examples of people going outside that focus, but it's obvious there still is one.

5. Mr.biggums

When did I mention Metallica, Jimi Hendrix, or Elvis Presley?
    Oh, I didn't? Well in that case, you are wrong.

Though .....And Justice for All had some well developed lyrics.

Tool, Smashing Pumpkins, Neil Young, Stephen Stills, Bob Dylan, etc. Just some of my favorite lyrics and ranged in all kinds of topics.

6. Fry

How am I wrong? Nothing I said was wrong. Metallica, Jimi Hendrix and Elvis Presley have lasted the tests of time and wrote songs around primary focuses(drugs, women and sex).

I guess I could throw The Stones, Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, and a slew of other bands who have been around for YEARS and had a very specific focus in their songs.

7. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

8. Mr.biggums

Yeah, the Beatles created one of the very first concept albums, the Stones ranged on various topics, and Led Zeppelin was musically diverse.

I never said a specific focus would prevent lasting appeal, but to say every rock song was either about sex, drugs, or partying is doing an injusice to bands in every genre. You do realize each genre is based on the musical part and not the lyrical part right?

9. Fry

[​IMG]

10. Mr.biggums

:ha:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar