Where is VY? (all things Vince Young goes here)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by grindtime, Feb 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

There is no such newspaper..

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Not so much that article, but something it inferred. Why would the Vikings draft Ponder 12th overall if Craig Johnson thought VY could be a franchise QB? The Vikings would be able to get him a lot cheaper than the 12th pick and VY wouldn't be a stopgap and have to give way to Ponder eventually.

A lot of the teams using a first or second round pick on QBs hurt VY's value.

5. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I honestly can't think of a single team that is interested in Vince. MAYBE, Miami and MAYBE Buffalo but would he be willing to sign with a crappy team like the Bills? Could he humble himself enough to go somewhere and be a backup?

Hard to say. I think he could do really well if he were to end up in Miami, I just don't know if they'd be interested.

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I so want to see the VY virus take hold on another team. C'mon NFL. Give Vince another chance.

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

He's definitely going to get another chance. I guarantee it. The bottom line is there aren't 32 QBs in the league right now who are better than him. As Titans fans, it's hard for us to look past all the drama. But the rest of the NFL doesn't have that kind of history with him. Sure they saw it. But observing something from the outside and actually living through it are two very, very different things. His "potential" is going to be too much for some QB-needy team out there to pass up on. Seattle and Miami are still the leading candidates in my mind.

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

It really wouldn't be that much different than what Philly did with Vick. They had a young guy in Kolb that they expected to be their future franchise QB but they signed Vick based on upside alone. And it worked out for them. Now they have two QBs they really like and are in a position to choose. And they can get some really good trade value for the other (Kolb).

It could be the same kind of deal in Minnesota. Let's face it... VY is not getting a huge deal or anything. He's probably going to have to accept a minimal contract if he wants to play. So you sign Vince and if it works out then great. If it doesn't then you can cut him or let him right the bench.

I'm not necessarily saying I think he's going to end up in Minnesota. I'm just saying I don't think the fact that they drafted Ponder means he's absolutely out of the picture.

9. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

98 QB rating won't be ignored. A team WILL sign him.

10. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

I don't think Seattle is even sniffing VY's jock these days. I'd be more inclined to see Pete sign Leinart or trade for Palmer. He understands those guys and will probably need someone quickly that he trusts.

To me, Miami, Oakland or Washington (if Fisher gives Shanny a recommendation) are the leaders. If Philly trades Kolb, they may be a chance there too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar