Where is VY? (all things Vince Young goes here)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by grindtime, Feb 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I actually like Jake Locker. I'm not disapointed with the pick at all.

For those STILL dissing VY, he gave us some wins, some comebacks, and some exciting plays. I'm sure he'll have a nice career for some other franchise.

As far as the team goes, I'd still keep Vince around another year, even if Locker is given the nod or the plan is to transition him in. He won't be coaching Locker (Palmer will) and he'll be a great starter/backup. Probably won't happen, but if it doesn't I just hope Rusty isn't our #2...him or Collins.

2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Well, he's clearly aware that he has a reputation as a guy who doesn't work hard and he's trying to change that. I'm not sure if I buy it and frankly I don't really care because I've moved on. I wish him the best on whatever team picks him up. As I've said before, I feel very confident that the Titans will look back on his release and be happy they made the move.

Also, this should probably just be in the VY thread. We don't need multiple threads for a guy who's no longer a Titan.

3. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

We have a VY thread? What?!

4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

You don't pay backup QBs $15 million or whatever Young is set to earn. Let's end that speculation right now.

5. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Good for him, maybe he finally wakes up and realizes he needs to work if he wants to truly be the elite QB that he thinks he is.

6. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Can you please move on with the VY hate?

I don't understand why you posters just can't close the chapter and move on.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Not speculation. I'm telling you what I'd do. Either way we're going to have to pay somebody some money. Vince is better than McNabb or any of the other older vets (we're not paying Kolb if we have Locker and we're probably not paying Orton if we have Locker).

If Locker takes a season to develop at least we have somebody who can win some games.

Here's to Locker becoming the franchise QB we've all been waiting for! :logo:

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

That's the dumbest thing in the world. Let's keep a guy, who clearly is not wanted anywhere near this organization, and allow him to become a malcontent when he's benched for Locker half way through the season. All while making over $14 million.

There is nothing to be gained from that. Nothing.

9. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

I honestly think Locker will be starting by midseason or so.

There's just no point in keeping VY now after the Locker pick, and throw in the fact the staff has made it pretty clear they've moved on, and Im sure even VY has too.

Why risk there being tension when it's not needed?

10. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

The reason you keep a good QB is because Jake Locker has never taken an NFL snap.

Come on guys that's basic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar