Where is VY? (all things Vince Young goes here)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by grindtime, Feb 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Does anyone know what the time frame for Adams 4 to take the reigns from Bud I think that a with a younger owner at the helm we will see the Titans be more aggressive in trying to get free agents and resign our own players. Bud has been a status quo guy for to long I want someone at the top who's ultimate goal is winning.

(Out of place I know but CJtheBeast made me think of it)

2. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Well the one time Bud did make an executive decision we started winning more. That's when he forced Fisher to start Vince. Our team rallied 2 years in a row.

I think if Bud didn't have Reinfeldt and Underwood Vince would still be on the team. With that said, Fisher might still be our coach as well.

3. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

This statement is exactly right. Bud's original comments were the fact that Young and Fisher were going to have to find away to work together and that was the worst possible outcome of this situation.

I know you may not agree but I think our slumps for the last two years are the direct results of the Floyd Resse era. From '01-'06 we did not hit on a single first round pick.

4. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

I think there's a few more factors than just the age....which also makes you worry a bit just how much he may or may not be like Bud

This team finally started to be successful following when Adams quit the constant micromanaging (example: through the 70s, 80s, early 90s, Adams required that he sign off personally on anything the franchise did that cost $200 or more).

Then there still was that horrid incident with the 1993 team, the whole "make the Super Bowl or I'm breaking up the team" ultimatum (they'd made the playoffs 6 years in a row but never got past the divisional round). Team went 12-4 (their best record prior to 1999's 13-3 season) and won the Central division, but lost the Divisional round to Kansas City (28-20). Immediately afterwards, the fire sale began: Adams traded away Moon (the starting QB) and gut the roster. The next season, they won 2 games. (only good thing to come out of that was the team drafted Mcnair after that season)

Sorry, I got off rail a bit. Just trying to say it, there might be more to it than just having an owner who's younger

----

He's made alot more....lots of bad ones.

a good idea is you don't want your owner getting too directly involved

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Worked for Vick.

6. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

i think vick was really quite a different situation than that, no?

7. GeronimoJackson

True, but look at his numbers since Jax 09 (only fitting that would be the game he'd get his job back), they're pretty damn good. That's what, a 90 something QB rating for his last 19 games? It's no coincidence or luck he started playing at a high level when he got to play with CJ and when he got benched and had a chance to be mentored (the original plan when we drafted him but KC was so awful that year).

8. GeronimoJackson

Finally thrived under a new coach and work ethic. Sure, having D-Jax helps, but you don't suddenly play like that at age 30 without putting in the work. He was always crucified in Atlanta for his accuracy, and in Philly, everything was on the money.

Instead of staying loyal to Kolb, Reid plays his best players. *wink-wink, hint-hint*

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

It's not like Kolb did anything to warrant earning that type of loyalty.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Winning in the playoffs isn't a problem if you can't get there to begin with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar