Where does Fisher head next...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PassTitansPass, Jul 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Chargers???Wow, after living through Martyball there, that may just move them to LA.

Seriously, I am holding to my original guess....he lays back, waits for Kiffin to self destruct at USC, then coaches for the Trojans.

2. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

sadly... it would be an upgrade. Manning won games last year in spite of Caldwell but there's only so much he can do - unless they start letting him call time outs :brow:

3. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

Mt. Fuji? Maybe K2?

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

well he puts the punt team back on the bench whenever he wants so I am sure this is next.

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

bollocks

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Never Mind the

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

This sounds like the most likely of things. I think his chances to succeed at the college level would be big.

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Assuming Fisher can recruit. I think he'd be better at fishing. I bet he stays in the NFL.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I personally think he could recruit. Formers players always praise the guy for being a "players coach". They love him for not putting them through two practices in late July. He gives guys time off during Steeler week. Who wouldn't want that as a player... I've always looked at him like an uncle I never met. Which is kind of how I always felt towards my coaches. I can see him going into a kids living-room and getting his kind of guys. His biggest problem was that Vince wasn't his kind of player, and IMO neither was C.J.. As HC at USC he'd get to hand pick his team. As an 18 year old, if USC wants you, you're on your way to the NFL. Even if you suck, just going to USC gets your foot in the door, ask Matt Leinart.

10. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I completely agree that Fisher could be very successful as a college coach. I think that he could be a good recruiter, and I also think that he could be a good motivator of college players.

My gut is that if he does actually go to USC, he winds up being there for a long time...sort of like a John McKay/John Robinson.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar