Where do we rank now with #11 @ QB?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Nov 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoCalTitan867

SoCalTitan867 Starter

Here is what I know about Rusty, he completed less than 60% of his passes in college at a beat up school. Never beat a big school in college. His pro day video looked like a Wheaties commercial of him throwing to 2 other people with no scouts there to watch. Thus far he has turned the ball over once, very well could have been 2 or 3 more. Lucky for him the Redskins secondary is THAT BAD. That's why I don't see why everyone thinks this should be easy because the Texans also have a bad secondary, The Redskins D isn't ranked that much higher.

So with that said, I hope he does well, for the teams sake. If he doesn't, it shouldn't be a surprise or let down to anyone. Sure he has "favorable match ups in the secondary." But the kid still has to go up against Freeney and Mathis 2 times and I don't see that working out so well for him. The Texans still have Mario Williams and The Jags are stepping it up. Anyway, best of luck Rusty, the entire team is going to need it and counting on you!

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

We have given up over 400 yards in 3 straight games and 2 of those teams are average at best on offense.

The fins are 29th in scoring offense and put up 29 points on us with crappy QBs.

We can't seem to cover anyone and are 26th against the pass. We are 24th in total D and seem to be getting worse not better.

If the fins with Henne and Thigpen are able to light us up what will Manning and Schuab do?

3. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

The Miami game was horrible for the defense. No doubt about that. Not against the skins though. If you hadn't accepted this as a bend don't break defense, you weren't paying attention. That's what the team did on Sunday. They held the Redskins to 16 points in regulation, and the playcalling was aggressive. It was good to see.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Well what was it a bend and not break defense or an agressive one? A defense that can't get off the field is not the way we win.

We gave up 465 yards to a mediocre at best offense that had several injuries. For 2/3 of the game they were using 3rd and 4th string RBs and had backups in the o-line.

The Redskins offense is not as good as the Colts or Texans and those teams don't have Henne and Thigpen playing QB.

We'll see what effort we get on sunday but it's hard to be confident against the 7th ranked offense in the league with an elite WR and the leagues leading RB.

5. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Both bend but don't break and aggressive. See Saints' defense 2009 season.

Again, I'll remind you that our offense had short series almost the entire game. When your offense is playing like that, and your defense still holds the opposing team to less than 20 points, you hardly blame the defense.

Also, looking past the Redskins because of their problems is hilarious. That team got embarrassed the week before. Remember what happened after this team got embarrassed last season? That team had heart, and so did the Skins. That's what won them the game.

6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Seriously, based on our performance over the last 3 games I would place us in the bottom 8 even without losing Vince or Jason Jones.

A large part of our flaws have IMO been down to coaching.

We have been a mess and I don't think thst Rusty Smith worsens that in any way.

The odd things is that I don't think we've been playing that bad. The defense has given up yards all year but has made plays.

Phins and Bolts we didn't but against the Skins we did.

When we got the stops and the turnovers though we didn't capitalise.

We the D has made big plays and the O turn them into points it's lifted the players and given us momentum.

We don't seem to have it in us though to be consistent on either offence or defence.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing Rusty play. I think the team around him is good enough to win out. We are failing to execute though and just as easily could lose out.

If Rusty plays well he could just be the spark we need.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Brett Favre's passer rating was 0.00 after his first snaps in the NFL (0/4 2 interceptions). So I don't really know what that has to do with anything.

We'll be as good as Rusty can be, which remains to be seen. All the physical tools are there but if hes too scared to play we'll get beat up bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar