What's the deal with VY?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Mashed Potatoes, Jan 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

I agree. Without him I don't think we'll get past Baltimore. Hopefully Fisher is smart enough to realize this and has specific plays in place for VY to smash on the Ravens with.:moon2:

2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

He's living proof that wonderlic scores are crucial information in terms of a QB.

3. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

He and Ray Lewis are involved in a "Dance-Off" before kick-off. That's about it.

4. Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes Camp Fodder

When you say football wise he's not there yet, do you mean compared to where he was last year or just compared to where he needs to be in order to succeed as an NFL quarterback?

What a strange story.

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I can't speak for Gunny, but I think he means "in order to succeed as an NFL quarterback". Vince doesn't seem to read defenses very well.

2006, he made errant throws but also had some very solid pro throws. His biggest strength was his game-changing running ability.

2007, his passing game pretty much got worse. Certainly a few decisions to basically just "throw it up" that made little sense have many fans worried. On top of that, he was injured early in the season, hammy, which negated his run ability.

2008, he started game 1, then played sparingly at Detroit, and played about 2 quarters in the season finale vs. the Colts.

The big "drama" came game 1 this year, where Vince didn't want to return to the game after the home crowd boo'd him. When he did return, he got hurt immediately. That night (or maybe next night) there was an incident where the police were called to "help locate Vince" out of concern from family and coaches. Lots of speculation regarding this.

That's the best I can do for a re-cap. A very general guess would be that 70% of posters here feel Vince will never turn it around and become a solid NFL starter. 30% of posters feel there is still a chance for Vince to improve from his rookie year, and be a good Titans starting QB for several seasons.

Most everyone agrees Vince needed to sit and learn for a season and we have been in better hands with Collins this season. Exactly "how much better" is up for debate.

• High Five High Five x 4
  6. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

I think he will have next season to show he can be the number one guy and if he can't do that then i think he is gone because you just can't pay a guy the money he is getting paid to sit on the sideline or just to work on "special vince young packages" at practice we have yet seen

7. titans4life10

titans4life10 Camp Fodder

Simply put that is the best nonbiased post about VY's situation....its just some posters will never see that. Some want him to fail so they can say they were right, some want him to succeed to say they were right....others are just waiting to see what he ends up being.

8. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Although you are right about this being the best nonbiased post about the situation, you are horribly wrong about actual Titans fans WANTING Vince to fail. I can't speak for everyone, but as a critic that doesn't believe he will succeed in the NFL, why would I WANT him to fail? Very naive of you to think and you are simply making your own conclusions about someone you do not know. By saying that, it's clear that 'being right' is the most important part of your own DNA.

9. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I do not wish him failure. I think he can beat RayRay in a dance off:)

10. titans4life10

titans4life10 Camp Fodder

Actully no, im one of those that is waiting to see whether he will suceed or not, its ignorancy to believe someone wont succeed....its not a matter of fact of being right or wrong. You are just blatantly trying to post against my own opinion due to your own opinion....so then who is the naive one?

You dont like my opinion, then skip over it, I wont waste my time refering back to yours anymore... as opinionated battles on internet boards are childish...and certainly not necessary on this board.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar