Rumor What would you take in trade for Vrabel?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Nov 6, 2023.

?
  1. Two first-round picks

24.2%
  2. A first and a second

30.3%
  3. Only a first

15.2%
  4. Only a second

6.1%
  5. Two mid-round picks

3.0%
  6. A mid-round

3.0%
  7. Some combination of mid and late-round picks

18.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies due to lack of activity. Consider opening a new thread instead.
  1. Carp

Carp Starter

And 100% we should trade him if given a good enough package. I doubt we will get a 1st rounder since the Pats seem like a lock for a top 5 pick, so let's take a look at a potential trade.

Using the Payton trade as reference (and using the draft pick calculator) we can assume that Payton was valued somewhere between 1000 and 1100 points in draft pick value. But it's worth noting that Payton was not the current coach of the Saints at the time of the trade. So we could potentially demand more. However, Payton was also a SB winning coach while Vrabel has only guided this team to 2 playoff wins in what will be 6 years. But for ***** and giggles we will use the Payton trade as a baseline:

Pats receive Vrabel + Titans 5th round pick this year

Titans receive Pats 2nd this yr and 2nd next year.

Total value received would be between 900 - 950 points depending where NE finishes this year.

This is the bare minimum of an acceptable trade for me. And I am still not sure that I do it.

#141 Carp, Nov 16, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2023
  2. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Is that Gruden trade still in effect?

1st and 2nd in 24’
    1st in 25’
    2nd in 26’
    + $8 million cash

pay up NE. He wasn’t a SB winning coach either.
    Only lost the AFCCG (of course it was the BS tuck rule game).

Edit: reached AFCCG against the Ratbirds in 2000, lost Div round in 01’ by BS tuck rule. My mistake.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. Carp

Carp Starter

That would be amazing, Just not sure how realistic it is in today's game. Tampa was a SB caliber team when they made that trade. NE isn't really close to being competitive in the AFC East. Especially once Rodgers gets back. .

4. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Informative and well thought out. But I'm not trading him without a 1st round pick. That's my baseline. I'd probably ask for a day 2 pick in 2025 as well.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

In todays game then….The Broncos damn sure aren’t a SB caliber team. But the Sean Payton package is the baseline or market for Vrabel in my opinion.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. Carp

Carp Starter

That is why is listed the (rough) baseline value. Payton brought back the 29th overall pick which has a value of 640 points and a 2024 2nd rounder, which is generally valued around 420 points. Though teams could value that future pick higher or lower depending where they think that future pick will land.

The Saints also sent back a 2024 3rd rounder, generally valued around 190 points. So that offsets some of the value they received. Overall, they received around 1000 points in draft value. That's my baseline, but since Vrabel is our current coach, I would ask for more.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

I think the Payton trade is a bit of a different situation. The Broncos mortgaged their future for Russ and then he stunk. They're stuck with him long term and I think bringing in Payton was a knee jerk reaction to his struggles.

I don't really see Vrabel having that same appeal for any team. Although I didn't understand the desire for Payton either, so maybe that's just on me.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Are there still people who think someone might give us anything for Vrabel?

9. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I would've taken a conditional 7th round pick in 2028, but no one was going to offer that

8c6g7l.jpg

• LOL LOL x 1
  10. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

Highly Respected

• LOL LOL x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies due to lack of activity. Consider opening a new thread instead.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar