What to do with Mariota past 2019

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Whitters21, Feb 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

1) those receivers you are referencing will be on year 3 this year, not year 2. unless you are talking about the people at the bottom of the depth chart.

2) it is absolutely NOT guaranteed that they take a bigger step than our QB, that's just stupid and completely made up based on your mariota hate. if they all progressed than the guy throwing them the ball would obviously be progressing too....

3) we all criticize mariota for struggling, dont confuse support with blind faith. just because we aren't burning him at the stake doesnt mean we dont acknowledge his faults.

4) sharpe and taywan should not be starters.

sharpe just isnt athletically gifted enough, i hope he makes the jump but im not holding my breath. he doesnt seem to have the speed to get separation. that's not something that is easily learned, it's generally natural ability. so fixing that is going to be tough.

taywan could figure it out but he's basically a speed wr and a 1 trick pony currently. opposing defenders openly called him out last season saying "all that dude can do is run streaks"... which is correct

5) we need 3 capable WRs and right now we basically have 1. whereas qb there is only 1 needed, so obviously we need to take more shots at WR since we need more. it's not hate on the current receivers its math and basic odds of finding good players. if they step up, great, but we cant just do nothing and hope it works out when we need three.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Marcus hasn't improved in the past couple of seasons, why would he do so now? Davis and Taylor definitely took a step up from a season ago, there's no reason to think that they won't continue to develop.

And it's extremely common in the system LaFluer was running for a speed receiver to be used on the outside in this fashion to clear things up underneath (see Gabriel in ATL in 16, Watkins in LA in 17, goodwin in SF, etc) It's the dirty work which makes everything else work, especially for a one-read QB like Mariota who needs receivers to be schemed open.

• Boring Boring x 2
  3. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Got a lot of people on here with zero aspirations and desire to be great. I get that we shouldn’t toss Mariota out, and I’ll get behind him, but we are in year 5 and excuses are bye bye....Time to start planning. That’s just being smart. His health is a MAJOR concern as are his crap numbers...proof of a good QB...Look at Brady. 40+ with no name white Dude receivers that he has CHEMISTRY with and makes studs. I’ll be annoyed if we go wideout. We have bigger needs such as DT, Edge, Interior OL

4. Msut10

Msut10 Starter

I believe lewan went out of that game as well.

5. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Interesting article looking at it from a different perspective

Commentary: Should Marcus Mariota re-sign with the Tennessee Titans?

I feel there's a ton of room for improvement, he's the QB for 2019 so I'll root for him and hope he becomes the QB I was hoping he would be. If not I get the team moving in.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Mariota in New York lol, poor guy would be eaten alive.

• LOL LOL x 1
  7. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

Well interesting that it was written by someone in Oregon who seems to think every single player on the team is horrible except for Mariota.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  8. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

All pro-Mariota propaganda is from Oregon fans posing as Titans fans or people living beneath a rock. There's no way that you can look at him just over the past two years and give him anything more than the Bortles or Flacco treatment.

• Unreadable Unreadable x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
  9. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

You’re a fake fan ABC. You should be thrilled about a QB that can win you 7-8 games and throw for 11 TD’s while never playing a full season. How dare you!

• LOL LOL x 2
  10. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

So when talking about the coaching and surrounding cast, what was he wrong about?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar