What Is The United Football League?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by The Don, Jul 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

because it is football my friend...and there is no such thing as to much football!

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Depends on the entertainment value I guess.

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

They're doing some good things and some bad things. There was an interesting article on PFT yesterday about how they are changing several of the rules from the NFL that most fans don't like (banning the Tuck rule and changing OT). They also seem to be accepting that it is not in competition with the NFL, that it will definitely be a minor league. However, the players aren't getting paid much at all, so I doubt they have any chance of getting anyone who could play in the NFL.

We'll see if it catches on at all. I think the real problem is that there are so few teams, it's going to be hard to really catch on with a local fan base. Also, incredibly short season.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I know this may not be a lasting league to cheer for over the next ten years but I'll take as much football as they can dish out. Whether its the NFL, NFL Europe, NCAA, XFL, AFL, USFL or this new UFL. I love football! Plus this league isn't some Mexican or Canadian league that we know nothing about, it gonna have real football players we can recognize from the NFL and college player that couldn't catch on for whatever reason. Maybe even see Pacman the biggest scrub to wear shoulder pads for our Titans.

As far as their being only a few teams; at one point the NFL only fielded 8 teams and now look where they took the league.

5. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

I think they would do better to put teams in cities where they don't have professional football. Why ask fans to support two professional football teams plus college teams??? This is destined for failure.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

They should have put a team in B'ham instead of San Fran.

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

seems like a spring developmental league would have been a better idea

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Well, they tried that last year, and it never got off the ground. They were going to do a spring league, and were going to have teams in Knoxville, Michigan, etc... I don't think it ever played a game.

I don't know what the best solution is, there are so many that have failed.

9. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

it good 2 start out small, no point in have a dozen teams.

being this small and short i dont see how it will fail. what will it be compared to for failure?

theres a lot of rich guys behind the UFL , i wouldnt mind seeing it have awesome ratings and come back each year with more teams and longer seasons. UFL needs to do what TNA did, they took the wrestlers that the WWE no longer wanted and payed them less but they still get to do what they love. and TNA has grown pretty big with big name wrestlers joining all the time and now they are at the point where wwe wrestlers are leaving on their own to join TNA .The UFL needs to do the same thing.

Having players people already know is key. and theres tons of them like, Vick, Pacman etc...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar