Breaking News Wesley Woodyard not a fan of Vrabel

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ropy0386, Mar 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

You caught me!

Do you disagree with his comments? I don’t. His take makes a lot of sense to me. I view “bashing” as unnecessary negativity. This is more like criticism in my mind. It’s fair to criticize Vrabel for the defense. He’s never showed he can lead a good defense. I hope that changes.

2. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Right but he loses some credibility to me when he says that but started off by saying he respects his defensive mind for game planning. Which is it? Lol because if Vrabel is putting together good gamplans then it really is an execution problem... see how it’s contradictory?

I agree Vrabel hasn’t shown that he can lead a successful defense. I’m there with you but that doesn’t mean Woodward doesn’t hold a grudge against Vrabel.

3. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

by the way..... our defense was just as terrible the afc champ game vs KC as we were in the regular season. Idk if Woodyard remembers that

4. Tuckfro42

I don’t disagree, but that wasn’t the point. It is strange that Vrabel took all play calling duties away from Pees especially when you look at what the D did against the Pats and Ravens in the playoffs.

5. Tuckfro42

I don’t remember him praising Vrabel’s defensive mind for play calling. I’ll have to listen again.

6. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

Pats had insurance salesmen at WR and Julian Edelman... Lamar got uncomfortable when he couldn't dissect the defense with TE's continuously. (and alot of that game had to do with Lamar's indecision on 4th and short attempts)

Lamar still had over 500 yards of total offense on us....

If Pees had allowed only 250-300 yards passing game 1, i can understand the imbalance.. I imagine that first game had ALOT to do with it.... whether the statement is true or not.

7. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Lol stop ignoring the question. Re read what I posted and what i asked.

8. Tuckfro42

I’m not ignoring the question. I told you I don’t remember him saying that. I’ll go back and listen again. If he actually said that, then yes it is contradictory.

9. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

I didn’t say anything about calling plays. I’m talking about him crediting vrabels mind for game planning. So in Woodyards own words. His game plans weren’t the issue. So that leaves execution of the game plan as the problem, according to Woodyard.

But then he backtracks and blames the entire thing on Vrabel lol. He’s sticking up for the players and has a bad taste in his mouth about Vrabel for how things ended. I don’t think there’s anything more to it.

If players on the team felt this way the locks room wouldn’t be as strong as they all claim it is. Many of the players on the team say it’s the best locker room they’ve ever been in. Hard to have that if the players hate the coach.

10. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

Big difference in game plan and individual play calling.

Game plan : run the ball on offense, blitz on defense.

play calling: Henry up the middle repeated 48 times. LB blitz repeated every play.

game plan was good going into the game... that play calling killed us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar