Breaking News Wesley Woodyard not a fan of Vrabel

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ropy0386, Mar 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

Nope, I just know a personality trying to make waves when I hear one... oh if some were the same.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Did you actually hear it?

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I certainly get the argument that in order for a football team to work, everyone has to be singing from the same hymnal following one leader. So I have no problem with a tyrannical approach.

However you have to back it up. A tyrant that wins gets statues and glory. One that loses gets beheaded.

I've been fairly happy with Vrabel in terms of general leadership. He seems to get the players ready to play.

His game management has generally been pretty good, not perfect, but he's still new.

Player development, it's really too soon to tell.

Scheme wise... his defensive track record concerns me. His defense in Houston sucked. As soon as pees left, we fell to ****.

This season will be telling.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Tuckfro42

He could be or he could simply be expressing his oppinion. The audio of that interview is embedded. That should give context to the quotes.

6. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

I listened to it and that’s exactly how it came off to me as well. The first question he is asked if what does he think of Vrabel as a coach and he says “I respect his mind when it comes to game planning. And I’ll leave it at that”.

But then he turns around and bashes his game planning lol. He sounds a little butt hurt that he got benched and cut while Vrabel was head coach. Which is fine because that sucks and he should be upset about it. But I guarantee you if you ask him about Whisenhunt or Mularkey he’d sing a different tune even though we both know they aren’t as good.

Bernard Pollard did this same thing. He claimed the locker room sucked (when he’s not even in the locker room) and then we went to the AFC Championship game. His was all for attention. He tried to launch his own podcast after that BS

7. Tuckfro42

That’s fine. I didn’t take it as him “bashing” Vrabel’s game planning. But, we can interpret it differently. I do find it interesting that some are completely dismissive of Woodyard’s comments because they think he is just disgruntled. Woodyard is a pretty regular guest on that show, so I don’t think he just came on to blow Vrabel up and make a name for himself. I think there’s some truth to what he’s saying.

8. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

He did bash Vrabel’s game planning though. That’s why he went out of his way to say he needs to let the coaches do their job and be more hands off.

I’m not saying he’s lying or his comments are incorrect but you also can’t say he’s got cloudy judgment of the coach who basically ended his career.

9. Tuckfro42

I guess your definition of “bash” and my definition of “bash” are different.

10. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Dude he blamed Vrabel for the defensive struggles lol how is that not a bash?

Is TuckFro actually Wesley Woodward?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar