well.... this happened

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by GoT, May 18, 2024.

1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

#1 GoT, May 18, 2024
    Last edited: May 18, 2024
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win Tip Jar Donor

He has a lot of nerve coming back to TN imo

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

It says the video you linked is blocked in my country. Lol. But I clicked another video that I guess was a highlight video and it looked like a 11 year old used an iPhone 4 to film it from the stands. Saw the back of a refs head more than I saw a football.

But yeah...when will these folks learn that these other football leagues don't work?

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I loved going to Kats games back in the day... went to half a dozen over the years. Kats were bought and buried by Bud ... never a problem with attendance in Nashvegas for the Kats

BUT back to AFL 3.0... best I can tell Fisher attempting to salvage AFL with his reputation... I have no idea who has skin in the league and who dont but my guess is the 10 teams left all have actual $s at risk and the 8 or so that have folded in under a month lacked any $ to begin with... poor management prior to Fisher commissioner IMO

gonna start a new league everyone must be financed for first year... if that means a loss then eat that loss

5. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

I saw the 4th quarter of a UFL league. There were maybe 200 people in the stands. Just future car salesmen playing football with old coaches who just can't let go(looking at you wade Phillips).

Watch what happens when the SEC and BIG10 split off from college. It will become the same thing in a decade or less.

6. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Yeah, I don't think anyone is willing to eat the losses these leagues take long term. Pretty sure that's why several teams folded already is they saw what it was going to cost.

As far as Fisher goes...hell they asked him to be the commissioner. What does he have to lose by taking the job? If the league folds, it's not on him... If they somehow succeed, he'll get some praise. I'm sure the paycheck is pretty decent.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

looks like afl got squeezed by the 4 letter networks 'merging'

8. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Let's guess what new rules he will come up with.

1. 8 game season (one bonus game when needed, see 3)
    2. Field goals worth 8 points, he will never have to see a touchdown again
    3. No ties for the season record. No more 8-8, and no 4-4
    4. 1st downs will now require 9 yards instead of 10. Bringing back 3 yards and a cloud of dust
    5. Coaches can wear any uniforms they want so they aren't correctly reflected as a loser

• LOL LOL x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar