Well...looks like we may know something about Munch soon?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Laserjock, Jan 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

He's not going to listen to whatever Munch says and then decide his fate without thinking on it/discussing it with Webster/having a bucket of KFC crispy chicken.

I bet we'll find out tomorrow.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Also, why can't we have an owner WHO DOES NOT SPEND HIM TIME IN HOUSTON

• High Five High Five x 4
  3. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Titans president/CEO Tommy Smith is expected to meet in person with coach Mike Munchak on Friday.

Munchak and General Manager Ruston Webster have held discussions throughout the week about the plan moving forward.

At stake is Munchak’s future with the franchise. He has one year remaining on his contract, but remains on shaky ground after back-to-back losing seasons.

Share on Facebook

Posted In: League News, Team News

Source: Titans Insider

4. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

Make the move Tommy Boy!!! We all know you want to!

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I'm pretty disappointed it's taken this long to say whether or not he is back or fired.

I guess it's cause of Penn State job. I sort of hope this whole charade is some elaborate scheme to help Munch save some face at his exit, but I doubt it.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

I just hope we get a decision today and I hope he is gone so we can move in a positive direction!

7. nicktimblin

nicktimblin Practice Squad

I'm sorry but I don't buy any of the crap about a Penn State job. What business have you ever been in where a boss is going to hold off on firing you because he wants to make sure you have another job?

8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Why would it matter?

Considering no return trip is scheduled yet according to the flight tracker, it would seem the length and content of the meeting hasn't been decided beforehand. Which makes me think Munchak stays unless he's completely unable to lay out a plan for next year to Tommy.

9. nicktimblin

nicktimblin Practice Squad

Actually the flight link I posted above is the return trip to Houston set for 9:15. The current flight is set to land in about 10 min.

10. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Yes but if Munchak is on that plane (which reports say he will be), he needs to get back to Nashville somehow too...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar