Welcome to Matt Hasselbeck

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanbuoy, Jul 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Marion Barber has Oilers syndrome (George/Campbell) Too many violent collisions. His body is not responding like it used to on the field. On the decline. Peterson will likely start going down this route in a year or two as well.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I think Matt choosing TN over AZ/SF says he wants to play ball rather than look for a cozy retirement spot. Game on AFCS!

3. TitanAtl

TitanAtl Starter

While Hasselbeck isn't my favorite QB ever I am very happy about this signing because I wasn't 100% confident the team would even pick up a good veteran. This year more so then any year before isn't the year to start a rookie QB.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  4. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Signing Matt really helps fill a leadership void that we had last year. This is a great move for us.

Now we just need to sign a safety, a d-lineman, and maybe a linebacker. Wouldn't mind another TE for Matt to throw to or maybe a WR.

5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Chris Brown and he split carries that year. I believe Chris Brown was the actual starter. And the Titans even made Antowain Smith look better than he really was. And we all know that Chris Brown was not as good as they made him look.

6. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

#DontHasselTheBeck

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I'm assuming the expanded roster means Rusty won't be PS?

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Haha I was certain he was our guy all offseason for some reason. Just had a feeling.

Probably more me wishful thinking than anything.

Glad this team didn't wait around though. With Fisher and his dunces you know we'd have no QB trying to rouse some ancient vet like Rich Gannon at the last second on a prayer.

9. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

It could have been the fact that everyone in the football world knew it was going to happen. Earlier this week I made a post advising GoTitans members to bet their life's savings on Hasselbeck signing in Tennessee. The Titans don't exactly hide who they like. We all saw it coming with Locker and now we all saw it coming with Hasselbeck. It's like this front office doesn't know how to (or doesn't care to) be secretive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar