Welcome to Matt Hasselbeck

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanbuoy, Jul 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Nope. Collins got $7.5 million.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I disagree. This guarantees Locker sits this year and there's an open competition, which Locker should win, next year. Hell, Hasselbeck has been hurt the last two years, we could see Locker this year at some point anyway.

3. Architect

Architect Pain Train

We needed a veteran and Im glad we went to get one but I'm not that big of a fan of this signing. I would've preferred we have gotten a QB with a similar skill set to Locker.

We brought in Kerry Collins to mentor VY, statue vs athletic and mobile. We all know how that story turned out, but I feel that if Mc9 would've been her VY would've had a better understanding of how to translate his game and strengths to the pro level.

I feel like we are doing the exact same thing with the Hasselbeck/ Locker situation. We are bringing in a pocket passer with very limited mobility and arm strength to mentor a QB that's agile and throws better on the run. We have already tried this scenario and it didn't work.

I would've preferred someone like McNabb. He and Locker have very similar skill set and Washington seems very anxious to move him.

He is already a Titan, so I will support him just the same

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

but does barber play like hes 5'11 215? maybe you needa go back and watch some game tape lol ... barber is a beast and as long as hes used the right way and not like eddie george (being ran into the ground) he will be a very useful change of pace, back to spell CJ on goallines ... this harper kid could be it too but Barber is proven and if CJ sits out im not confortable with an unproven rookie as the #1 RB id want some kind of backfield by committee (other than harper and ringer)

and i realize rice wont happen but we do need a WR

5. TorontoTitanFan

Yeah, I think the only thing that's guaranteed is that Locker can now sit as long as he needs to.

6. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I concur.

7. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

It's not my money that's being used to pay him but damn that sounds kinda high. I bet McNabb doesn't get that much from MN.

8. TorontoTitanFan

Why would anyone want McNabb at this point? Read about what's happening with him today. The supposed trade to the Vikings is being held up because McNabb is crying about the Vikings not rolling out the red carpet for him and praising him as one of the best QBs ever. He thinks he's Peyton Manning. The guy is a gigantic diva.

Source

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Perhaps you should go watch the game tape on Barber last year, he was horrible. His 3.3 average per carry was greeeeaaat lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar