Welcome Adam Terry

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Chapparal97, Aug 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Bingo!

2. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Nobody's questioning that. It's more the useless evaluation of pure measurements.

3. JCBRAVE

No not really, how many worthwhile 6'8" Tackles are there? 3? And the few that make it work are getting paid, not bouncing around the league. Bryant McKinnie is the only one I know of that's 6'8" and good. All the rest are 6'6"ish, and in football those 2 inches matter.

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Replace that gay shirt and get rid of that grin and he might look tough.

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Ok so this guy they picked up for depth at OT, and a guy with a legit shot at a roster spot IMO since Kropog and Otto aren't exactly dominating, and he can't block Freeney by himself (who can) so that means what?

The fact the guy is 6'8 isn't why he isn't as good as Roos anyway. He doesn't have the footwork Roos has. By the way Jake Long and Marcus McNeill, two of the best OTs in the game are both 6'7. I don't think 6'8 is some magical ht where guys can't play. More than likely there simply aren't as many guys 6'8 in the league or world as there are 6'6.

By the way Johnathan Ogden is 6'9 and might be the best ever so there is another one you now know of that is 6'8 or taller who is good.

6. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

7. JCBRAVE

Well aware of Ogden, he was an 11x Pro Bowler. He was one of those rare ones that made it happen.

8. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

WAS good. He got cut by the Vikings you know?

9. JCBRAVE

Actually I missed that, but does him getting cut help what I'm saying about extra tall Tackles?

I wanna clear something up before we drag this out any further... I am not anti tall tackles, it's just that I saw several posts saying things about his height that really don't matter. The fact is that he's a mediocre player, and his height can be used for or against him. He's gone from team to team for a reason, so with that said, I just think the fans on here need to chill out about Terry, he's more than likely just a camp body we'll dump once Sept rolls in.

10. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

Bryant Kinnie was extra tall but also extra wide. Classic example of a guy who ate himself out of the league. Just couldn't push away from the table...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar