We miss albert and he misses us..

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by acqua7, Dec 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acqua7

acqua7 Pro Bowler

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4772458

some highlights:

"If they keep this system the way it is, then they would label Albert Haynesworth a bust who didn't live up to the contract," Haynesworth told the newspaper in a telephone interview. "Everybody would say he just took the money and ran off. And I'm still playing as hard as I possibly can. But you can only do so much within the system that's put around you."

-i'm not sure he plays hard every play but, insinuating that tennessee was maybe the right spot for him.

""They're all against me or whatever," Haynesworth told The Post. "But I know what I'm saying is right because I've been in a scheme that works.""

- speaks for itself

i think yesterday showed us how bad our D is without bulluck....and how great it is with both bulluck and haynesworth...we got some work to do in the offseason.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'd love to get another monster in the middle. It doesn't have to be Big Al or a DT, but someone who can own the middle. I'm sure he's regretting his decision. I mean after you made 30 mil, do you really need more money? I know if my bank account had even 4 million, I'd be set for life. He got greedy, and now he's like "oh crap". But honestly could you blame him for leaving? A possible 100 mil in his pocket and a team that will try each off season, even if the fail during the year. Plus he knows the real deal that with Fisher; your stuck as at best "The regular season champs".

At least in D.C. Haynesworth has a chance as they're always trying new things. Whereas us Titans fans are stuck with what Fisher does or doesn't know. I think Fisher is destined to always come up a yard short.

3. TitanPredBrent

TitanPredBrent Camp Fodder

Any chance of drafting Suh at #13 or 14?

4. iQon

iQon Starter

No, we don't miss him. He covered up for the terrible pass coverage we had. Our lineman are still pretty good, the LB core could be better with time, but the secondary is absolutely expendable after Finnegan. Except our captain Donnie Nickey, I suppose. That's all we really need to fix to replace Haynesworth.

Enjoy Albert. That's what you wanted and remember, our team didn't "want you" because we refused to live in salary cap hell for you. Remember? :moon2:

5. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

That would be great, but I fear he will be long gone...

6. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

i kinda wanna trade our whole draft for suh or berry...

7. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

40 million to play 40% of the time because he is hurt or puking on the sidelines or catching his breath...he is the most overpaid defensive lineman for what he delivers to the overall team in the NFL right now.

He is worth half what he is being paid, IMO.

8. hoheff78

hoheff78 Camp Fodder

what do you mean we dont miss him? you may not miss him but i sure as hell do and im sure our whole secondary does as well, what i noticed last night was we're pretty good off the edge, but have no push from our tackles which allowed Rivers to step up all day and make those throws. OUr secondary last year was good bc of AL. Thats my opinion on that, and yes can we draft all defensive players this year.

9. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I do miss Haynesworth but he has shown he only plays hard for money. He would easily be worth the 100 million the Skins payed for him if he played like he did last year and I would have demanded we pay the man but he's a contract player plain and simple. Then he jumps to the Redskins who are IMO becoming more dysfunctional than Oakland and now he's upset, what did he expect? I don't mind him leaving for more money but at least go to a team that doesn't suck. You mean to tell me NO other team made an offer besides us and Washington? I don't believe that.

10. acqua7

acqua7 Pro Bowler

i'm not condoning or think its right taht he does play 40% of the time.....regardless when his body is on the field he attracts 2 lineman and frees up the rest of the D...at least this happened when he was in tennessee....

i watched all game long how we dont get any inside pressure and the qB's just step up into the pocket and pick on poor harper.

albert would collapse the inside of the pocket and not let the QB settle into that area.

thats just how i see it..

bulluck out is icing on the cake now...we lost out "general" and as far as i'm concerned the heartbeat of our D

look at the Giants d floundering without antonio pierce

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar