Rumor We are keeping Mularkey?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KillerTitanFan, Jan 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Underwood kept saying in his interview that they wouldn't rule out keeping the hires in house.

Like that's what everyone wanted to hear. "We got rid of Webster, but don't worry, we haven't ruled out the guy that picked up his dry cleaning for 5 years."

It's concerning how paranoid this franchise is about keeping things in house, and how hesitant we are to bring people in from outside the organization. Going back to Fisher.

What about the last couple of years has led AS or Underwood to believe anyone in our organization is competent enough to be promoted after the train rolls through sh*tville?

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

Yep...I was thinking something similar. They need to blow the whole freaking thing up....except for LeBeau and Horton. I'd let go of all the scouts and even the Strength & Conditioning guy. Let the HC and GM bring in their own choices for those positions, rather than handcuff them to the left-overs.

• Boring Boring x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  3. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

+1. They don't realize how much of the losing stench he has on him, just from being part of this staff the whole time.

We thought Munchak's job was bad...then we went from the frying pan into the fire. Rather than improving on a mediocre record, we nose-dived straight to the bottom of the league. He was part of that, and fans aren't gonna forget it. Mularkey had some success as an OC, but his record as a HC was no better than Wisenhunt's. If we make the same freaking mistake, again...that is making excuses for the guy, then we'll be right back here next year...still sucking like Cleveland.

#193 TitanUpB4UGO, Jan 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • Boring Boring x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  4. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Probably saying that for the benefit of the in-house candidates. I have done courtesy interviews before for employees and did not want them to feel devalued and I lose them in their current role.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

Mularkey is one of those....IN-HOUSE folks. Very troubling to me that they don't already have their mind made up about him, and prepared to dismiss him along with Webster.

• Boring Boring x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  6. Farcry

Farcry Rookie

Thank you agree

7. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

This franchise is in bad shape. They need to gut it fully. Mularkey, Webster, scouting, everyone. Mularkey hasn't earned the right to stay and Underwood is just as accountable. I've never seen a franchise run so poorly. I really hope we get a good GM this time guys, because until we get a capable coach and solid draft picks, we are screwed royally.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

I would ask Mularkey back as the TE coach if he is not considered for the HC job.

9. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

It would be a bit awkward to ask a guy who has aspirations to be HC again, to take a demotion back to TE coach. He's probably going to get an OC job somewhere, would be my guess. But I'm sorry, his record as HC in his past stints + this year, simply does not commend him for the HC job, here.

• Boring Boring x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  10. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

I would do it solely because he was moved to interim HC instead of being given the full job. I agree, he may very well have aspirations of being a true HC again, but I would consider him for the TE job if he wanted it. The TE unit I feel was our best offensive unit this season, and he should get some credit for that I hope.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar