Was Winning Worth it?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Apcgamb24, Jan 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

"IF WE GOT A NEW COACH WE'D STOP HAVING LOSING SEASONS!"

*back to back winning seasons*

"IF WE GOT A NEW COACH WE WOULDN'T STRUGGLE TO WIN GAMES*

*win games*

"IF WE GOT A NEW COACH WE COULD GET TO THE PLAYOFFS!"

*get to playoffs*

*IF WE GOT A NEW COACH WE COULD WIN PLAYOFF GAMES!"

*win playoff game*

I'm sorry... what exactly are you expecting better with a new coach?

I'm not much of a Mularkey fan. Never was. But... He's doing what you'd hope another HC would do...

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

He already had a QB when he was hired in Denver too. One fresh off a Pro Bowl appearance and he chased him off. Again, I'm just saying that I'd be a little scared of Josh McDaniels. I'm not buying the hype.

It's not like he failed because he just wasn't ready or was in a little over his head. He dismantled a top ranked offense that he inherited and replaced it with Kyle Orton, Tim Tebow, Brady Quinn and No-show Moreno. He's supposed to be an offensive guru but those decisions show otherwise. If you're clambering for him as our head coach I do care about his decision making skills.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

Mularkey isn't the stubborn fool we thought he was...he's a genius! That sly little fox...lol!!

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

actually I hate the lack of the search that was promised.

THAT is what I hate and will always hate.

Fat Tommie got a big name, 10 letters is a pretty real big name, and that was the only outside hire Titans have made at HC.

I will give MM credit for doing what I wanted an outsider to do. Which is get rid of the players & philosophy that accepted getting boatraced at home. I totally give him credit for that. Not gonna look it up but it has been quite a while since the Titans were flat out embarrassed at home. And that had become routine if not expected.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

HEY... I just thought of something... MM gets 7 loses a season as Titan HC...

7 Ls in 15
    7 Ls in 16
    7 Ls in 17

This of course means the Titans will win the Suberb Owl because no more Ls this season!

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 5
  6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

good points

7. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

We all believe that the record is indicative of the talent, not Mularkey. I don't see why we should be giving him credit when he had to yank play calling duties from his appointed OC, who has been a disaster, and resort to the QB calling the plays. And not coincidentally, that is the best the offense has looked the entire season, both running and passing.

We owe our position in the playoffs to the defense and the playmakers on offense who come through in close games. Mularkey wasn't the one catching his own throws, or hell, even calling the plays . We look lost and unprepared at the beginning of every single contest. Not to mention, the development of our young players sucks compared to other teams around the league.

The team over achieved in 2016, but he's been awful this year IMO, and there's really nothing that he can do some his scheme has been exposed.

8. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

He was also NOT the one fumbling, dropping passes, muffing punts, and throwing interceptions.
    This is my whole point......it works both ways. It's not 100% coach or 100% player.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. BamBamBoogie

BamBamBoogie Starter

Winning is always worth it.

End. Of. Story.

Unless it's in an argument with my gf in which case I'm happy to win.... in my mind.

10. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

What do you remember more from the first half of the last game- the pass that Hill dropped, or the 21 points they scored on us despite said drop?

We had some of the fewest drops and fumbled less than any other team in the league. We actually had the same combined number of fumbles and INTs as NO, and were penalized less than any other team. So despite what Mularkey is feeding you, the execution has actually been quite good. The plan they are execution is just bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar