Was Fisher's comments on Volek right or wrong?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 20, 2006.

?
  1. Yes. It was a good move.

37 vote(s)
    78.7%
  2. No. It was the wrong move.

10 vote(s)
    21.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

No, no, no, it was HUGO Chavez, the President of Venzuela.

Cesar Chavez is a great Union leader who organized the California migrant workers.

2. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

I thought that was the guy who played the Joker on the Batman TV series in the 60s...

3. asus64

asus64 Camp Fodder

Something that does not add up is Fisher acting "big and bad" with the players if they ask for a trade. I can understand it from Belichick even after winning his first superbowl, but Fisher? I like him and all but he hasn´t proved anything yet.

4. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Cesar Romero was on Batman

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

It just sounds like, according to Jeff Fisher anyway, that Volek has been two-faced on this... he's all like, "thank you sir for making my dreams come true and putting me on a California team. I know I've been crying trade, I'm glad something opened up..." please, I'm indicating to where Jeff made reference to their meeting in the podcast. Just sounded like to me they were going to be all class and Billy, first, the other day opens up a can of BS. I called hissie fit on this weeks ago anyways. Turns out Billy was crying trade weeks after Young was drafted. I'm taking into consideration the time line there, which I also think makes the Collins idea look worse, but I've always thought they were trying to get Billy in the most ideal situation to succeed here this year and then hit the panic button when they saw Volek had NO CHANCE where they thought KC might have a chance.
    :drink:
    What do we really know about Billy Volek? How can anyone "side" with him? Sure, you could feel for him and all but at the end of the day he's not even a Titan anymore. Screw him. He sucked all preseason. I honestly think that Collins is just as bad or worse. I don't know. It's all a mess.

It is a reality TV show Jeff. This stuff gets coverage and people log into newsgroups like this one everyday to fan the flame... they wonder about it as they spread the Philiadelphia Cream Cheese on their bagel. This is way bigger than a reality series. Sadly, it's better drama.

Why does Fisher feel the need...?:gag:

I've got a hunch that Bud Adams has something to do with it.

I'd love it more. I want to see the fire.

[​IMG]

Maybe LP will distribute "Fisher Fangs" at the Halloween weekend game.

6. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

:lol: yeah, I know, I'm just being silly as usual. Did you know he was so vain he refused to shave his moustache for the part so they just covered it with white makeup? I can't believe as a kid I never noticed that. We've got the movie on DVD and that's the first thing I noticed after not seeing it in 20 or 30 years. ANWAY, regarding the actual topic...

I believe Fisher should have made some comment, but I don't believe he should have gone into the detail that he did. That made him look like he'd been sitting around keeping score and taking notes on what a goober smoocher Billy was. I'd have preferred something along the lines of, "I regret that Billy felt the need to say some of the things he said to the press and obviously there are two sides to every story and I will have no further comment on the situation." I think that says enough. It essentially says we disagree, in our opinion Billy's truth is clouded, we're moving on.

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Can you credibly defend this statement? If you could would you want a guy like that leading your football team?

8. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

Yes, I can well imagine that the player just treat it as a job to which they are obligated to show up.
    If I worked for an organization that pulled these kinds of stunts with my co-workers, I would just be going through the motions as well.

9. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Fisher should have kept his mouth shut and spared us the Wednesday night sissy fight! What he did was undermine his own locker room. Volek got bent over by the Titans and he smiled through it all. He earned that last jab.

I'm mad that Fisher thinks we're slow. Fisher stated that the mistrust began when drew showed up asking for BV's trade. He said that BV lost his trust when he lied during mini-camp week. So if you and everyone in Titans management lost faith in Billy, what took replacing him so long?

There is a lot more going on. Hopefully Billy won't talk any morer and force Jeff to talk crazy again.

Think people, why all this drama and passion for the trade of a #3 qb.

Not all players have lost their desire to win.

10. Ewker

Ewker Starter

I am not sure how anyone could side with Fisher. He said to many things that makes you question most of what he says. His statement was a covering his and the coaches butt statement. He was lied to by Volek..OMG get real poor baby. Wonder how many times Fisher lied to his wife before he divorced her to date those country music women :ha:
    I mean look at what Jones put Fisher through last yr and the start of this yr.
    Maybe it was Volek out in a Jones mask doing all that...lol

When is Fisher going to realize the fans here aren't buying his BS :moon2:

BTW Bipolar, I agree with you on the Bud statement

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar