VRABEL THE GOAT!!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Thaddeus43, Jan 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

Yeah my memory was a little fuzzy on the end details as I had lots of liquid courage to watch the game lol.

But the main point was, I believe considering how the game was going Vrabel considering the Titans had the lead and both offenses struggled to move the ball in the 2nd half was extremely comfortable just simply shortening the game rather than risking an extended game so another turn over or a late surge can transpire. I think if the Pat's were still moving the ball as they were in the 1st half that decision isn't made. I'm only speculating now though, so who knows. Either way it worked out and we are off to the Divisional Round!

2. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

yep, that is certainly why he is getting paid to coach. If it pays off, he is a hero, if not he is a goat (not GoAT).

3. formerfinfan

formerfinfan Starter

yes, it was amazing how Vrabel knew Edelman was going to drop that wide open 10 yard third down pass that would have given Pats a first down on the 48 with 3mins and 2 timeouts left, needing only 18 more yards to send the Titans home.

I mean, he does that once every 50 passes or so.

I wouldnt have minded the call
    as much if he’d left more time on the clock. he was playing a high risk game giving the ball up and burning the candle at both ends.

i much favor leaving the game in the hands of your offense (and STILL have your D if you fail) than giving up the ball. Give yourself TWO ways to win it.

maybe you dont understand that, but so be it.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

4th and 5 against a good defense damn near at midfield vs I don’t care how much time and 42 year old can’t throw past 10 yards Brady I take every time. Going for it on 4th down and 5 isn’t a high percentage play. The Edelman drop is kinda my point. The Pats offense just isn’t good. You punt the ball. 4th and 1 maybe I go.

5. formerfinfan

formerfinfan Starter

1. it wasnt “damn near midfield”; it was the 35yard line.

2. we werent guaranteed a good punt and no return, but we did get that (almost best case scenario) and result was giving up the ball and possibly clinching the game in return fir 24 yards of field position. that might matter more if 2 min left and no timeouts, but not so much with 3:30 and 2 timeouts.

3. The Patriots FIRST PLAY took 8 seconds and gained 21 yards, so we basically gave up our entire adbvantage immediately. I admit though, you could say “well if theyre gaining 21 yds, much better to have them do it from 11 rather than 35 and be close to FG range.

4. i agree completely with T Romo who said at the time you just dont give up the ball in those situations. at worst, you still have your D to make them go 30 yards, plus you have more chamce there will be time left than if they start at 11.

6. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Was thinking the same thing. Could have easily backfired. Glad it worked out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar