VRABEL THE GOAT!!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Thaddeus43, Jan 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

Lol how many times now have we heard it reported he makes the decisions he make because he feels as though he has the best punter in the world lol?

As much as Henry did, and it was a ton, Kern definitely was the difference in this game! Crazy times when your excited about a punter lol

2. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

How crazy was that defense at the end? Rushing zero and dropping 11 into coverage on numerous plays. Never seen that before but somehow it worked!

3. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

I certainly didn't like the call real-time but hindsight is always 20-20. Just shows why I'm not a coach lol.

In all seriousness though, Vrabel last season noted during a game that any call you make during the game can always go both ways. Its alway easier to look back and say aw I should have done this or that, but that's ONLY because you know the outcome of the game. The best you can do is make the best decision you feel is appropriate real-time and take accountability for the outcome.

Not worth much when the decision causes us a game but some of these boneheaded decisions we feel as though are...well boneheaded are sometimes him trying to push this team to be more of a bully instead of a go with the flow type. The risk are high when you are as aggressive as Vrabel, but as they say while working out at the gym gains are only realized when you push yourself hard. He certainly coaches on the edge. Glad this time it worked out in our favor.

4. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Vrabel coaches like I play madden and I freaking love it

• LOL LOL x 3
  5. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

I honestly felt that since coming out in the second half both defenses clamped down and both HC felt comfortable putting the game in their defenses hands to win or lose. As much as we are talking about with Vrabel burning the clock the way he did. What was even more baffling to me was Bill's decision to punt the ball back to the Titans on 4 and 6 I believe it was. Yes I got they were on their own 30, but you have to realize that the Titans were in the seat doing what we do best burning clock. I personally didnt think there was any chance in **** that the Pats got the ball back, barring turnover, with any amount of viable time left, and that's how it played out.

I wish Ryan would have went down at the 1 after the pick as that would have ended the game, but how fitting is it that possibly Brady's last pass as a Pat or even a QB was pick 6?!? Lol

6. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Well hell, we had zero pass rush anyway. Why not drop 11 in coverage? Lol

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

Except for the fact that Brady ain’t Brady anymore and Vrabel knew that. He knew what he was doing. Going for it on 4th and 5 would have been stupid. What Vrabel did was perfect. If you dispute that you just don’t get it or hate Vrabel.

8. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

Except they actually got the ball back TWO times after the punt clock run-off. So it actually didnt play out like that. They just didnt take advantage of it the first drive.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I have to say, the death by a thousand cuts defense we played the entire game was incredibly frustrating to watch. Counting on the offense to not be able to go the length of the field 5 yards at a time was a risky strategy, especially with a one-point lead the entire second half.

Props to the coaches for having the patience to stick with it.

10. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

loser does this up 33 in regular season

winner does it in playoffs

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar