Vince Young...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Stephenson, Aug 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheWarriorTitan

TheWarriorTitan Camp Fodder

VY played ok last night. The interception was a poor pass regardless of what route Hawkins ran. THe next couple of drives he was pinned inside of his 15 and the coaches don't trust him enough to let him throw from there so they ran it to Henry and played it conservatively.

On the TD drive, it was a nice drive, albeit a whopping 39 yard one thanks to the muffed punt, and we had to convert a 4th down to keep it going and Henry should have scored on that play. The throw to Williams was nice, but most QB's in the NFL can make that throw, but it still was a very nice pass, and very good footwork by Williams.

VY has 4 more games to prove himself. He is the backup, without a doubt, he gives me no confidence behind center while Collins does so.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I wish I saw that. But is that really the criticism you are seeing in this thread? I'm reading "he sucks" "congrats to patrick ramsey for winning QB2, competition over!" "he can't play in this league"...

None of that is constructive. All I like to try and do is call out the more absurd comments, but the whole thread became exaggerated and negative on the first page.

3. Stephenson

Stephenson Camp Fodder

I just want to see Vince not throw a interception. Let that interception be the last one he has all pre-season. Some may argue that they want to see him in with the starters and see how he does with them, well...I'll be pretty much the same.

But if you remember last year, our first team offense didn't score any touchdowns in the pre-season.

4. Alex1939

Go ahead and call people, or me, out directly. It's hardly a "nitwit" thing to say.

Vince threw a terrible pass that was picked. Collins threw a terrible pass that should've been picked. If it was picked, Collins looks worse than Vince yesterday. It's a game of inches, not every pass is 100% on the QB.

Vince was 5 of 10, with a total drop by CHenry, a terrible INT throw, and a nice TD throw. I don't think that's a particularly good performance. But it wasn't all negative either.

You call those type of comments ridiculous and you're blathering on with this crap:

Great. I'm glad you've decided Ramsey is our future and VY is CFL material. All of that conclusion reached at one bad pass by VY and a bunch of short throws by Ramsey in the first preseason game. Why would anyone disagree with this great logic?

5. Alex1939

Agreed.

More importantly to me, I want to see Vince run the ball. I want see game breaking runs. I don't see the logic not using a player's best strength. I do not want to see Vince only play pocket passer, it really hurts his game.

6. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

Last season? Why keep him this season? Cut him now!

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

First and foremost, when Vince Young is on the field I am rooting for him to throw a TD pass, get a first down, etc..

But ask yourself this - would I be satisfied with a season of VY performing the way he did last night?
    I would hope not.. There was nothing "good" or even "Ok" about his performance. It was a procession of three-n-outs with a gift from the special teams resulting in the one TD. The pass to Lendale was low and behind him.
    Typical VY ball..

8. Alex1939

We still had to drive the ball 37 yards and score the TD!

It really seems some dislike Vince to the point of not wanting to give him the slightest credit.

9. Stephenson

Stephenson Camp Fodder

Vince should just keep his mouth shut from now on, he's becoming the laughing stock of the NFL.

Go on any team's forum, and you'll see threads joking about Vince.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Just to put this in context, in last season's first preseason game, Young was 3-for-6 for 17 yards playing the first quarter with the starters. In the second game, he was 4-for-13 for 37 yards. This was playing midway into the second quarter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar