Vince seems soft??

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by arcticboy, Dec 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

I think his point is that Collins got NEARLY the same numbers in only one quarter, which is a good point. Vince is throwing better though, I hope he does play Sunday, I don't honestly have much confidence in Collins, especially with his inability to scramble against the likes of Merriman..that could spell some serious trouble.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

lol, ignorance is bliss and you must be in a euphoric.

1st drive - 11 plays 79 yards. VY 4 - 4 passing
    2nd drive - 5 plays 19 yards. VY 0 - 0 passing
    3rd drive - 5 plays 72 yards. VY 2 - 2 passing plus the interference (fumble)
    4th drive - 3 plays 0 yards. VY 0 - 2 passing
    5th drive - 8 plays 41 yards. VY 3 - 5 passing
    6th drive - 5 plays 22 yards. VY 2 - 2 passing (fumble)
    7th drive - 13 plays 56 yards. VY 3 - 3 passing before injured. Accounting for 22 of the 52 passing yards that drive.

As you will notice when VY passes we moved. Drives of 79, 72 (fumble), 41, 22 (fumble) and part of the 56 yard drive.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It isn't a good point. It is a pointless point.

Collins threw the ball more times in one quarter, so? If VY threw as much he would have had 3 times the passing yards.

4. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

But how do you know that? I could argue if VY threw more each quarter then the Colts would most likely be aware he was throwing more and defense the pass more and he would mix in some picks, which is what he has done all year long. There's a reason the coaches don't let him pass more, they have no confidence in his arm and how he forces throws into triple coverage too often.

5. i dont see why you guys are arguing, Vince ripped the colts 3rd stringers, and collins did as well.

but i do have to say, Collins didn't have to deal with Bob Sanders, and Vince still had better ypa...

6. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

You guys make it seem like Bob Sanders is actually someone you need to really watch out for when you are passing....the guy is the worst in coverage out of that whole secondary.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Well I don't know it, but you can't say he wouldn't. You just have to go on his stats and times them by 3.

8. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

Nice try Gunny.. doesn't necessary work that way. :))

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Whoo hoo. He completed a better percentage because he was only throwing once every now and then. Collins was throwing more, which generally lessens a qb's percentages.
    Vince sucks as a passer. The sooner you accept that, the easier it'll be in the long run.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

lol sucks as a passer but had better stats. good logic, typical gloat fashion.

thinks he knows all, knows nothing.

I proved you wrong on the drives and you continue your dribble which you cannot back up.

I bet you were one of the ones saying how crap Collins is when we signed him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar