Vikings Sign Berrian

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SARGO127, Mar 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alpha-Centuri

Alpha-Centuri Starter

Berrian Signs 6 year deal with Vikings

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7860874/Sources:-Vikes-ink-Berrian-to-6-year-deal

"Minnesota has acted swiftly to add a No. 1 receiver for young QB Tarvaris Jackson.

The Vikings have come to terms on a six-year deal with Bernard Berrian, sources have told FOXSports.com. The worth of the deal is not yet known. "

Who do we look to now for help? Hopefully Bryant Johnson. I'm not one to panic, but even Minnesota is trying to sure up their Wr group for Tavaris Jackson to improve. I suggest we follow the same

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

whoa
    to a division rival no less

word has it they'll still suck considering Tarvarius is still at the helm

3. desfletcher316

desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

Great news. Never wanted him here anyway.

4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

"Receiver Bernard Berrian has officially joined the Vikings. And he will be extremely well compensated for it.

According to Adam Schefter of NFL Network, it's a six-year, $42 million contract, with $16 million guaranteed.

For Bernard Berrian."

Wow. Glad we aren't the suckers who broke the bank for a very average WR.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Would we be applauding Reinfeldt if he's set up this deal?

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Depends. If we have 16 mill wasted in cap money this year, (at this point, very likely) probably so.

7. reo

reo Starter

That's about a $9mill cap hit per year if i'm not mistaken.

Stallworth's deal is 5 year $35 mill w/ a $10mill signing bonus... which is also about $9mill cap hit per year....

Waaay too much for both imo. That's what happens in the first day or so of FA.

8. This is what happens when teams with loads of cap space start competing for a limited supply of good-but-not-great players.

This is why free agency is such fools gold. If you aren't getting star players, don't sign guys to huge contracts.

9. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

I agree, but I would like to see us trade with detroit and get roy williams even if it means giving up our first pick. Also Lito sheppard makes sense he is unhappy, and I really hope we bring DJ Hackett in I think he is a real sleeper. I also hope we can keep odom and with the cap space we have we should. Why did we not resign Odom or maybe Haynesworth last year when we were 20 plus million under the cap? We could have written the signing bonus for one of them last year instead of wasting it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar