View from the Other Side: Titans @ Ravens

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Oct 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Mike Preston, Baltimore Sun

The Ravens have a good defense, but they haven't earned the title of great in 2008. Even though the Ravens held Tennessee to 210 yards of offense, including 47 rushing, great defenses don't allow teams to produce 11-play, 80-yard game-winning drives in the final minutes. Great defenses don't get beat by a scrubby quarterback in Kerry Collins and second-string tight ends named Bo Scaife. Great defenses put pressure on quarterbacks or cause fumbles in crunch time. When the game is on the line, great defenses make big plays, and the Ravens didn't come up with any in the final minutes of the game.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

He makes a good point, that false start that did occur on the roughing play should have killed the play and set us back five more yards, instead that got nullified by a worse penalty on the D which was a bad call. Wouldn't have mattered if they hit that field goal or took better advantage of the 1000 yards we gave them in penalties. I don't feel for em, sucks to be them, better luck next week

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i think the reasoning behind that is that the play was dead and suggs continued to hit the qb.

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Yes- it is treated like a dead ball foul. I doubt it would have been called if we had not had a false start to kill the play. I think the whistle drew the refs attention to Suggs for NOT stopping play like he wanted him to. So really- it is Suggs fault for not stopping (or failing to "hear") when the play had been stopped by the whistle.

Here is Suggs after the game:

[​IMG]

5. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

So that's what the Raven's defense has sunk to?

Whining like Peyton Manning :D

Laugh it up Kids!

Our Titans are turning the NFL upside down!

6. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

WE still get no respect. I saw one nfl recap news line start our game coverage with , "well, this questionable hit to the head call on the qb" that was the premise of the coverage. So, we only won by one bad call. LMAO

7. Titans80

Titans80 Do ya thang!

They did last Sunday

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

It must be tough for Mike Preston to be such a homer. It's so bad he's now blind.

9. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

Do you know whats funny about that game? All this hype about Ray Lewis being so dominate in this game and how he was a tackling machine went to Sh*t the last 2 minutes of the game. Who was the guy that missed a critical tackle on 3rd & 3 on Chris Davis? Ray. Whos the guy that got faked out of his cleats when Alge scored? Ray. He doesnt mention that though

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar