VIDEO: VY vs Cowboys

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by earlers, Oct 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Dude, he eyed Scaife the whole way and then when the pressure got close he just let it fly towards Bo, he may have moved his head but there's no way he had enough time to find Kenny and make that throw. Argue all you guys want, that ball was a toss up for Scaife.

2. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

He obviously knows the routes. He looked over and saw where Britt was on the route and threw it to where he expected him to be. Most NFL quarterbacks can do that..He stared down Scaife for 4/5 of the play and made all the attention go to him. At least give him the benefit of the doubt that he knows what hes doing since theres no proof otherwise that hes dumb enough to stare down one receiver for a whole play and then overthrow him by 5 yards. You would have never even thought about it being to Scaife had the commentators not mention it.

I'm telling you the replay shows everything. You can see him make a last minute decision from Scaife to Britt as he sees Britt coming free and turns slightly.

3. dahobbs

dahobbs Camp Fodder

As I said earlier, it could have all been luck, but that is a lot of luck for one play. Vince threw the ball the second the safety took a step forward. I don't think that is a coincidence.

4. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I almost thought you were being purely sarcastic, that's how good of a first line this was in your post.

As for never thinking it was to Scaife.....HILARIOUS! Why would I ever think he was throwing that ball to Scaife? Let's see, well he stared him down the entire play, threw the ball right at him except he threw is usual limp-wristed floater that barely sailed over his hands.

Just call it what it was, it was a vintage VY no-look pass intended for Scaife that ended up being a TD to Britt. Lucky.

5. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

eh.. It's not use. You're seeing what you want to see to fit your argument. I'm actually looking at it logically and I'm not a typical VY homer. I'm just looking at the specific play and seeing that he adjusted and made a split second decision during the play that I guess you aren't seeing.

6. Bayou Titan

Bayou Titan Starter

If he was intending on drawing the safety up by staring down Scaife to go to Britt.. he has turned the corner. In fact, he has sprinted past the corner and the Titans will make the playoffs with stellar quarterback play like that. I really don't know if that was his intent or not but it's hard to imagine he has come that far that fast.

I think he may have been throwing it away when he saw the safety jump Scaife... Kinda like I believe Montana was doing during The Catch.

7. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

It's not necessarily that big of a "jump" for one specific play. You don't think they practice specific plays in the endzone that they think will give them a good chance to score in certain situations?

8. Bayou Titan

Bayou Titan Starter

Obie, you are right but he was also under a good deal of pressure. Take the way he looked like a deer in headlights against Pittsburgh.. to that play... and I feel good about his progress if he did indeed draw that safety just to snap it off to Britt... We are going to the playoffs if he has turned that corner.

And to add, they could've practiced that play 100 times but then the coaching staff is great to anticipate that coverage as well...if it went how it was drawn up... we are in good shape and it will show in the coming weeks.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. dahobbs

dahobbs Camp Fodder

He made two bad passes against the Steelers, but otherwise played fairly well. His other passes were on target and for decent gains. The titans simply did not air it out much and the team as a whole struggled. Deer in headlights would not be the appropriate description. Baited by a good defense? yes. No idea what he was doing? Not at all.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

If the goal was to look off the safety, isn't it better to do it by NOT looking at a receiver who will cross just in front of your target?

There's no shame to call it a bit of luck. Romo's pass to Austin where Griffin and Mouton collided was a bit of luck. Sometimes, you take a shot and something good happens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar