Urban Meyer in Trouble? (#MeToo)

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by The Hammer, Aug 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 8and8

8and8 Starter

check my previous post. The victim claims the university knew about it which means there likely is no Title IX violation for Urban.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  2. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

i've told him the university knew earlier, he's just going to ignore it.

3. 8and8

8and8 Starter

OSU hasn’t released a statement for their own sake. They don’t want to be implicated in this in any way. If it means throwing Urban under the bus to save the university from being reprimanded, they’ll do it.

4. VondyP

yep and if the school knew too (like the lady said they did) it would be on the school, not the coach. so again. irrelevant.

also schiano is a good coach and will do fine in the interim, and maybe long term, although doubtful

5. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Right. Which is why I think it is bad for Urban. The more this circulates in the media with no official response from anyone involved, the worse it looks IMO.

6. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Yet they waited for the national report to come out before they fired him? Yeah, that totally makes OSU look better.

If she has proof of abuse(she does), and the university knew but didn't address it at all... and then watched their coach lie about it and didn't say anything...I'm wondering how you possibly think that's a good thing for you.

7. 8and8

8and8 Starter

Not arguing otherwise, I’m just saying Urban probably won’t be implicated in regards to Title IX.

It’s also interesting that charges weren’t filed in 2015 even though the victim thinks there should have been. If the police/DA didn’t find enough evidence to file charges, should the university fire the individual? Puts everyone in a tough spot really.

8. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Yeah I still think there is a Title 9 aspect to this. Granted, maybe it will come out they did nothing wrong, but the texts go back to 2015 at least, so I dont think a 2018 firing really answers the Title 9 aspect of it.

9. VondyP

yeah that's the main reason i think nothing will come of this. police showed up and decided it wasnt worth pursuing but the school is evil for not firing this guy? idk

either way its ohio state so it will be blown wayyyy out of the water in the media. like we got away with murder or something.

10. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

A lot of these college town police forces protect their sports teams. So it could be he didn't deserve to be arrested, it could be he deserved to be arrested but the police went out of the way to protect OSU football.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar